The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Probably my fault; I put all my Canucks in a row, so I think I probably ended up drafting Burrows, Edler, and Hamhuis in back to back to back rounds when I could have spent that time taking more defensemen.

Oh god Slogger, don't trade him Daniel...

Come on, Give me a little credit.

and then take it away when everyone see's who I drafted in the league you set up. <_<

Centers

Nicklas Backstrom

Joe Thornton

Mike Riberio

Left Wing

Daniel Sedin

Thomas Vanek

Brenden Morrow

Right Wing

Jeff Skinner

Teemu Selanne

Joe Pavelski

Defence

Dion Phaneuf

Tobias Enstrom

Tomas Kaberle

Brent Seabrook

Andrej Meszaros

Adam McQuaid

Netminders

Tim Thomas

Carey Price

Bench - Kari Lehtonen

Utility - Patrik Elias

Bench - James Wisniewski, Sidney Crosby and George Parros

TSN radio launched in Montreal today. They bought up the only english language sports talk radio station. I love the Habs, but I also love other sports and there's only so many talking points in a day before I get bored. Also, it feels almost like another drop in the bucket with how much the media is obsessed with the team here. I guess it's just one more outlet for people to freak out about Jacques Martin or Carey Price this year.

Also, I've noticed, a ton of people, articles, previews saying that Montreal is boned if Carey Price doesn't play well... would this not be true of any team that has their number 1 starting 50 plus games?

Season's finally starting tomorrow, I'm excited for this year. Montreal finished 6th last season and I feel that with the return of Gorges and Markov, the addition of Cole and the continued development of Price, Patches and especially future Norris winner Subban that Montreal could realistically compete for that #4 spot possibly compete w Boston for the division. Even with all the injuries last year, it did take Boston till around late feb early march and an attempted murder before they were able to get a real good cushion in the North East. I will however temper my expectations and say that considering we're obviously better than last year (despite what the Ontario hockey media machine would want me to believe) 4 through 6 would be acceptable, 7 or 8 would be troubling and I doubt that Montreal would miss the second season. But that would be abhorrent.

Guest mr. potato head

TSN radio launched in Montreal today. They bought up the only english language sports talk radio station.

...they've been owned by Bell/CTV since 2007. (Y)

future Norris winner Subban

I really need to stop opening Basha's posts.

Why did you have to point that out for me? I skimmed over that part :(

Don't worry, the Leafs will end up winning the cup this year on the backs of Frattin (Calder), Reimer (Vezna), Brown (Lady Byng), Grabo (Hart), Kessel (Art Ross/Rocket), and Kule (Selke).

I can say ridiculous things too!

Yeah, good luck on winning trophies that don't exist. :P

Also, good luck on the Leafs winning anything. :P

Also, Brendan Shannahan is the man. Watch this.

I like that this thread is now functioning as a fantasy hockey chat as well :shifty:

I was offered Brad Marchand and a 2nd round pick for Brandon Dubinsky and a 4th.

Should I take it? I like Marchand, and he kicked ass in the playoffs, but he only players center while Dubinsky plays LW (where I am pretty weak).

Dubinsky is going to start on a line with Richards and Gaborik... I say do eet!

I was doing backflips when I heard :D

EDIT: Regarding the Slogger/Sean trade offer: I don't think it's a good idea to go into it. On the one hand, it's kind of funny that the offer would even be tabled, on the other... It was kind of insulting, in the sense of "you actually think he's that dumb, don't you? That's kind of really mean"

Also, one of the guys in our draft got Gaborik AND Brad Richards...what a dick he is.

...do you play in a league with incompetents? That's a nice team.

Thanks, I was worried that I hadn't drafted well.

And I won't disclose the deets of the rejected trade, I will say that it was an insult to my intelligence and I took one look at it, laughed and then hit the "reject" button.