The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

A Flames/Rangers game from 1995 is on ESPN Classic for some reason!

THRILL at Mark Messier and Mike Richter, heroes of the previous season's Stanley Cup!

MARVEL at Calgary's stupidity in using Rick Tabaracci as a starting goalie!

GASP IN AWE at Sergei Nemchinov, Bruce Driver, Steve Chiasson, German Titov, and many others you haven't thought of since 1995!

I think as far as community interactive hockey games go, the idea I tried last year (the weekend picks game) was suitable as far as time investment on the players went - but I need to perfect a method for recording picks and tallying results because that took up sooo much of my time that I started procrastinating the whole thing and it was all downhill from there.

I tried to set up a fantasy league but you lot all bitched because I wouldn't host a completely illogical and impossible live draft.

This is funny.

Oh shit yes, with all the "Chris Pronger Party Pooper" rumors regarding Carter/Richards I'd forgotten how much of a great heel Pronger can be. Him and Jagr together could be awesomesauce.

I tried to set up a fantasy league but you lot all bitched because I wouldn't host a completely illogical and impossible live draft.

This is funny.

I don't remember this....but yeah, live draft would be hard <_<

Did we ever try a draft-by-post? It's August, we would have almost 2 months to finish it....but would the interest be there?

Scott Hannan To the Flames.

It's an okay contract, but we have other holes to fill.

Basically it's a swap out for Regehr. Hannan makes less money, and will play less minutes, but he's the same type of player. He'll fit in well, while giving some more ice time (hopefully) to guys like Babchuk and Giordano. Bouwmeester will probably end up eating those minutes though... ugh.