The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

When asked what he would have done if he hadn’t become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn’t hesitate.

“Astronaut,” he said quickly.

The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn’t.

“No, seriously,” he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation.

“The problem with monkeys,” Bryzgalov quipped, “they push the wrong buttons.”

751840.png

• Like 5

When asked what he would have done if he hadn't become a professional hockey goalie, Bryzgalov didn't hesitate.

"Astronaut," he said quickly.

The media pack sort of blinked back at him. No one was sure whether he was kidding. He wasn't.

"No, seriously," he added.

At which point Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation.

"The problem with monkeys," Bryzgalov quipped, "they push the wrong buttons."

751840.png

Just listening to that man talk he is an out of it human being

LA is going to sweep the Super-Goalies! :o

Personally, I want a LA-Quebec Western Final. That way it will be Quick vs Smith, the two goalies that helped me win my fantasy hockey league.

Why can we dominate Crosby & Co, but we're struggling against New Jersey of all teams, god damnit. C'MON PHILLY!! :angry:

Jersey is also a really good team, and unlike the Penguins, they are capable of killing a penalty. Bryzgalov has been really shaky all playoffs, which nobody was bothered by earlier because Fleury was shakier.

In conclusion, your chances of winning are about as high as you actually finding the creature you're named after. :shifty:

I never saw anything special about the blues this season. Splitting the goaltending position worked out for them, but I don't put either goalie in the top 5.

Philly just looks slow.

I think it's kinda cute that Ruki thinks the Coyotes are going to Quebec.

Lawl.

I don't think that. I've just been referring to them as Quebec this whole time, and I figured I'd keep it going since they won the first round and are up 2-1 on Nashville.

Guest mr. potato head

Canada/US round-robin game at the WHC is just crazy. US takes a 4-3 lead with about three minutes to go and then Duncan Keith ties it up!

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, I'll admit I was glad when they put up a screen explaining the OT rules because I had no idea what to expect. Five minutes 4-on-4 and then a shootout.