Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw Hacktivist on Thursday, been a while since I've gone to a smaller intimate type gig.. but yeah, it was awesome.

Going to see Sabaton on Monday and then Machine Head and Parkway Drive the following week. Fun fun.

Booked tickets to see Manic Street Preachers play 'The Holy Bible' in full. Can't wait. Never thought I'd get to hear another one of my favourite albums get played live after Muse did 'Origin of Symmetry' at Leeds Festival.

It was stonking.

Also stonking (surprisingly), Kasabian. I took my Mum to see them last night. I wasn't a fan but they're utterly fantastic live.

• Like 1

Run the Jewels want over eighty quid for meet and greet tickets. I know I can just buy regular ones for a quarter of the price, but the whole thing has put me off considering the amount of acts that just hang around and sign stuff for free. Jurassic 5 wouldn't leave the stage until everyone in the Brixton academy got a picture and an autograph if they wanted it.

• 2 months later...

There's been a lot of love for Royal Blood on this board, but I'm bringing it back up again. I just saw them play a fairly small venue in Newport and it was fucking incredible. One of the best live shows I've seen, they have a surprising presence for a two-man setup and the tracks sounded monstrous.

In a way I'll be sad when they start doing bigger venues, because I think the small venue helped them out. I have no doubt they'll rise to the challenge though.

• 4 months later...

I saw Black Stone Cherry play at a festival once. They were rubbish, easily one of the worst bands on their stage. And they played after a bowdlerized Sugar Ray.

• Like 1

I saw Black Stone Cherry play at a festival once. They were rubbish, easily one of the worst bands on their stage. And they played after a bowdlerized Sugar Ray.

Sugar Ray IS a bowdlerized Sugar Ray! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who remembers that they were almost, kinda, not really, a punk band once.

They aren't the band I'm really going for :P Wanted to see Shinedown and Halestorm for a good year or two and BSC just have a few songs I like. They're also the reason Ive managed to convince a friend to go, because he loves them and obviously hasn't seen them live before or he'd know better, apparently :P

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if underground warehouse parties really count for this thread, but I went to one last night, got to see some great DJs, including Ron D Core, Demigod, and DJ Rap (who's the reason I'm posting this here, she's from the UK, thought some of you might have heard of her). It was a great show, especially Demigod's set, his facial expressions while spinning are great. DJ Rap was kind of a let down, not because of anything really wrong, but it was a hardcore/gabber show and she played drum and bass, which kind of killed my vibe. Wanted someone to take it up another notch, instead she brought it down.

This was a 'thank you party' for a show thrown last week, which my roommate went to, and which including ROTTERDAM TERROR CORPS playing live, which, when she came home and was like 'OMG, I just heard these DJs and now I'm in love with them' I was like 'no fucking way', because RTC are the people that got me into EDM, especially gabber, in the first place. Just hoping they come back through LA sometime in the not too distant future.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they're shite live. So are Shinedown.

I think my Dad wants to see them when they go on co-tour together in the UK next year. :puke: