Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My plan of seeing a gig a month this year is still going strong! Even if I know very little of the next two :P

My girlfriend spotted that a band she likes called Fort Hope (never heard of them) are playing the one somewhat decent venue in Bridgend in May, so I'm taking her to that.

Also booked Fearless Vampire Killers for next Tuesday, since they're apparently coming to Cardiff. Again, I know next to nothing, but they got announced for Reading Festival yesterday, so I Youtube'd some songs and they weren't terrible so decided to scout them out live. Plus it's only a tenner and I'd otherwise be doing absolutely nothing, so it at least gets me out the house :P

Now I just need to find something for April in between...

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

My plan of seeing a gig a month this year is still going strong! Even if I know very little of the next two :P

My girlfriend spotted that a band she likes called Fort Hope (never heard of them) are playing the one somewhat decent venue in Bridgend in May, so I'm taking her to that.

Also booked Fearless Vampire Killers for next Tuesday, since they're apparently coming to Cardiff. Again, I know next to nothing, but they got announced for Reading Festival yesterday, so I Youtube'd some songs and they weren't terrible so decided to scout them out live. Plus it's only a tenner and I'd otherwise be doing absolutely nothing, so it at least gets me out the house :P

Now I just need to find something for April in between...

Throw something at my ex while you're there okay...

• 2 weeks later...

Fearless Vampire Killers was a really fun show, and all three support bands were good too! Left with CDs for two of the bands too.

Still need a to find something for April, but I'm increasingly tempted to head up to Birmingham for Slam Dunk at the end of May now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Fearless Vampire Killers was a really fun show, and all three support bands were good too! Left with CDs for two of the bands too.

Still need a to find something for April, but I'm increasingly tempted to head up to Birmingham for Slam Dunk at the end of May now.

Go! 

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Morriss from the Bluetones played our local high street for free this afternoon, so I took my 3 month old to a frankly very early first gig. He stayed asleep. I loved it though, 5 Bluetones songs and a Weezer cover for some reason. 

Love me some of that there live music, quite possibly addicted. 

Saw Emmy the Great for the first time on Saturday and really, really enjoyed it. Very funny and the songs are much better live. Got Johnny Foreigner tomorrow and then the next week I have Tellison and Muncie Girls! huzzah!

On 23/03/2016 at 12:51, Xand said:

Love me some of that there live music, quite possibly addicted. 

Saw Emmy the Great for the first time on Saturday and really, really enjoyed it. Very funny and the songs are much better live. Got Johnny Foreigner tomorrow and then the next week I have Tellison and Muncie Girls! huzzah!

Not many silly band names there. I'm most impressed!