Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Slam Dunk tickets have already arrived, which is keen of then since its two months away but I'm no complaining.

My girlfriend wants to drag me to the Friday of Download Festival now as well since her favourite band are headlining the second stage. My wallet is saying no right now, but it's the weekend of her birthday so I might as well already have paid for it <_<

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2016 at 18:48, Jericode said:

Tempted to add to my busy gig schedule by going to the Friday of 2000Trees in July. All the bands they've announced that I like are playing the Friday, so there's no point in going for the whole weekend.

I've been to 2000 Trees the past five years; got my ticket for the sixth. It's a generally great time even if the past few years the bands have gotten slightly heavier and away from the folkier aspects from their start. Made a whole bunch of friends there as well. 

On 3/29/2016 at 17:35, Jericode said:

Slam Dunk tickets have already arrived, which is keen of then since its two months away but I'm no complaining.

My girlfriend wants to drag me to the Friday of Download Festival now as well since her favourite band are headlining the second stage. My wallet is saying no right now, but it's the weekend of her birthday so I might as well already have paid for it <_<

So yeah, this happened now that I have money again. That's four festivals (three of them are just a day), plus two gigs booked now.

I'll have to spread out my excitement :P 

On 26 April 2016 at 14:46, Interim Cymbols said:

Panic! at the Disco are playing the Motorpoint in November @Jericode.

I really want to go, considering that it's now unlikely that I'll go to Slam Dunk, but I don't know what I'll be doing in November. Argh, decisions. 

Literally a day later I've bought a Slam Dunk ticket :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Johnny Foreigner - looking forward to their new album. I know a couple of people who've taken part in gang backing vocals for a song or two and they've been telling me it's some of their better stuff. They played one or two new songs when I saw them a few weeks ago and they sound great. 

In gig news - I have Diet Cig next week, and then Joanna Gruesome the week after!

I think they've been a few times. I'm sure Waited Before It Was Light was recorded in California (or it may have been Grace). I know they toured the US with Los Campesinos! (my favourite band in the history of anything ever) and was so annoyed that one of those dates landed on my birthday. 

They did end up supporting them in my favourite venue in Birmingham a couple of years later. I've lost my train of thought -- oh yes, they've been to America quite a few times. 

Wow, every time I've seen LC! the venue's been pretty packed out (that Brum show was so packed and rammed sweat was dripping from the roof) but I think it's safe to say they've got a bigger cult following over here.