Sign in to follow this  
ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Gigs gigs gigs

Arjen Robben    7,476

I was supposed to be seeing Bon Iver tomorrow, but I no longer can and couldn’t sell them or anything and I am very sad. 

Gogol was last night, it was alright. 

I don't first two times I saw them I loved it. This was, not quite the same. Maybe it was the crowd, Detroit seemed way more rowdy than I remember Vegas crowds being. Maybe I'm just too old but people bumping into me, getting hair in my face, etc etc just drove me nuts. The Vegas shows had a more fun vibe where he fans here were just more obnoxious. I don't think they intended to be, they were having a good time. I'm just a grouchy old man these days I think. Their setlist wasn't quite as good as it normally is either.

On a fun note, my wife and I saw the lead singer walking around town and wanted to say hello. He was ahead of us on the street, went into a cafe and sat down to eat. We figured it best to just leave him alone to eat in peace. 

It was a good night all in all, but I didn't enjoy myself as much as I did before. The crowd was really into them though so I'm sure it was just me. 

Jericode    4,448

Astroid Boys album launch show tonight. Not been this excited about new music from Wales in a long time.

Jericode    4,448

That was honestly one of the best gigs I've been to. So hyped for the album.

Cymbols    2,276

Got my tickets to see As It Is. Second time I'm supposed to have seen them, so fingers crossed this one actually works out.

• Like 1

Jericode    4,448

Neck Deep was awesome two weeks ago, thought I'd posted about it but apparently not. As It Is were on great form as support, looking forward to catching them again next year. Caught a couple of local bands last week who were a fun enough way to kill an evening.

Had to cancel going to a gig tonight due to car troubles, which was disappointing, but I'm not too beat up over missing the gig itself since it was just a cover band.

Four left for the year now - Royal Blood w/ At The Drive In in about two weeks, Hunter and the Bear a couple of days later, Good Charlotte w/ Against the Current and Milk Teeth on December 1st, then Roam w/ WSTR and Stand Atlantic a couple of weeks after. Looking forward to all of them and already have some great gigs lined up for 2018.

Jericode    4,448

Two more booked for 2018, shaping up to be another good year.

Paramore in January, Don Broco and Marmozets in February, All Time Low and As It Is in March and Foo Fighters in June. Awesome start.

REALLY tempted to go to Rock im Park in Germany in June too because the line-up is huge. Anyone been before?

Cymbols    2,276

Saw the Killers last Tuesday...amazing show. I know they get a lot of stick but they played banger after banger, and Brandon Flowers is a top showman. Really good gig. 

Jericode    4,448

The Hunna added for January, Waterparks and The Xcerts for March, Lower Than Atlantis for April. 2018 is going to be busy.

Good Charlotte tonight though!

Saw Unsane last night, they rocked man. I actually got to shake hands and thank the lead singer for coming to Detroit. He told me to fuck off and die. 

Just kidding. He was really nice. Thanked me for coming out, etc. It was cool to shake hands with a major musical influence.

Oh, we got tickets to see Murder By Death in two weeks. Kind of whatever on them, they just got too much whiskey and knives and cliche cowboy shit in their song writing. 

Jericode    4,448

Waterparks gig last night was great fun. Both supports (Dead! and Patent Pending) were excellent, left with a CD by each.

Troy    2,650

I'm officially going to my first gig in four or five years in May, after saying that I was going to Slam Dunk last year I'm actually doing it this year. :wub: 

Naitch    1,851

Slam Dunk just announced the final additions to the lineup alongside stage splits and, while Lower Than Atlantis is a good addition and I'll see them again if they aren't clashing with PVRIS or Goldfinger... Me vs. Hero are doing a (possibly one off) reunion! Set clashes are always a pain at festivals but MVH have just joined Save Ferris as my two can't miss performances, even if it means missing all three of the above.

Malenko    30

I wonder how Save Ferris sound live nowadays. The new EP sounded so different. I mean, it's expected if you change every member but the lead singer, but still. I was expecting it to be similar to what she was doing back then. I assume they still play more than half a dozen songs from "It Means Everything" so I'd still have a good time there.

Troy    2,650
7 hours ago, Naitch said:

Slam Dunk just announced the final additions to the lineup alongside stage splits and, while Lower Than Atlantis is a good addition and I'll see them again if they aren't clashing with PVRIS or Goldfinger... Me vs. Hero are doing a (possibly one off) reunion! Set clashes are always a pain at festivals but MVH have just joined Save Ferris as my two can't miss performances, even if it means missing all three of the above.

Playing Days That Shape Our Lives too. :wub: 

Jericode    4,448

@Troy which one are you going to?

Troy    2,650
1 hour ago, Japanicode said:

@Troy which one are you going to?

North

Naitch    1,851

I wish I was going to the North one purely because of the pop punk pre-party on the Friday and ska/punk room at the afterparty. South has one less room and that's the one they chose to ditch. On the flip side, almost everyone I know who attends one goes to South and it's a lot easier to get to.

Edited by Naitch

Rich    15,436

Manchester Punk Festival this weekend:

Manchester-Punk-Festival-Very-pleased-to

Jesus Lizard is coming in September. I’ve got my wife on standby to get me tickets on Friday. Can’t miss that one.

Edit - got my tickets today be with the Citibank resale. fuck yes, so excited for this one. 

Edited by Los Ingobernables De VP