Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Between Enter Shikari, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish I already thought this year's Slam Dunk was looking perfect but it somehow just became even better with the announcements of Tonight Alive, Goldfinger, and Against Me!. I was excited for it before but now I don't think I can wait over four months for that lineup.

Don Broco are quality and I wanna see Bowling for Soup purely because I haven't already. I've liked the few We The Kings songs I've heard too.

Second announcement hasn't done much for me but Tonight Alive were good in the tent at Reading so will probably do a good job in an indoor setting. They're the only one my girlfriend is fussed on from those announced today, but it was on Dan Carter's radio show so it was bound to be heavier stuff. I expect the next announcement to fill the main stage and sort the stage splits out better.

• 2 weeks later...

Avenged Sevenfold were amazing last night. Disturbed did a hell if a job subbing too. Never really heard of In Flames but they were decent as an opener. We were stuck at the back halfway through Disturbed's set since we went to the bar, and we ended up three rows from the front courtesy of some mosh pits creating space for us to move through.

Few weeks off now before Sum 41 and Kaiser Chiefs in Birmingham at the end of February!

• 2 weeks later...

Why are there so many decent festival line-ups knocking about? Already booked Slam Dunk, Y Not Festival looks tidy this year, 2000Trees announce tomorrow, Sunday at TRNSMT looks good as I said before, I'm still tempted by Reading, and Rock Werchter have the best damn festival line-up I think I've ever seen.

I'm not made of money, music industry :P 

I am beyond pleased that Twin Atlantic are doing a show in Swansea this year, I've still not forgiven myself for not seeing them in Cardiff when they released the album since I fell for the same trick I always seem to and didn't bother listening to the CD beforehand, and then promptly fell in love with it :P finally get to right the wrong!

Exciting Friday ahead with Twin Atlantic and New Found Glory tickets going on sale as well as the next Reading Festival announcement.