Sign in to follow this  
ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Gigs gigs gigs

livid    1,950

Checking out The Glitch Mob tonight mostly because it's at the newest venue in town and I'm really curious to check it out. Buddy of mine owed me some money too so he bought my ticket so basically going for free. 

Howdy Cloudy    17,318

Metallica's coming to Arkansas on January 20th. It's not sold out yet, really hoping it doesn't sell out before I can get my hands on some tickets. Really want to see this show. 

K    9,641

I discovered the Dead South last week, and immediately booked tickets.

• Like 1

JeReindeer    5,000

I have my last gig of 2018 on Saturday :(

But I have 10 booked for next year already :D 

K    9,641

just booked to see Alex Horne and the Horne Section.

• Like 1

Jimmy    4,239

Done more gigs this year than in a long time - hoping to keep that up next year. Los Campesinos 10th anniversary tour was probs the highlight, but loved seeing Snail Mail and Soccer Mommy recently - both great. 

We've got Tommy Cash and Little Big booked so far for next year which should be funny. 

Lowerdeck    319

My best shows of 2018 list:

1. Gaslight Anthem's 59 Sound anniversary

2. Jason Isbell at Newport, where David Crosby came out for a couple songs

3. Mumford and Sons

4. DMB

5. Neil Young at Farm Aid

6. Ghostland Observatory

Naitch    2,109

Just saw a band called Palaye Royale supporting Enter Shikari in Norwich and they're the best support I'd never previously heard of that I've seen in years.

EDIT - Possibly the best live performance I've ever seen from anyone by Shikari themselves.

Edited by Naitch

K    9,641

saw Michael Graves the other night. was good. pretty short, but im an old man and my back hurts if i stand up too long so it was good.

• Like 2

VerbalPuke    10,520
2 minutes ago, K said:

saw Michael Graves the other night. was good. pretty short, but im an old man and my back hurts if i stand up too long so it was good.

When I saw Jesus Lizard I bought two more sets of tickets because my back hurt and I wanted to sit in the upper balcony.

K    9,641
1 minute ago, VerbalPuke said:

When I saw Jesus Lizard I bought two more sets of tickets because my back hurt and I wanted to sit in the upper balcony.

Man tell me about it. Someone invited me to a festival today and all I can think of is how much I don't wanna stand up for three days. 

• Like 1

JeReindeer    5,000

First gig of the year was great, little Australian band called The Faim who are only going to get bigger. They've grown quite a lot since I saw them last year, really good live performers. Snagged a setlist as well which is cool.

Both supports were great too, a French band called Halflives who've got a really good female singer and Chapel, who are a poppy American duo including a female drummer, which is a nice rarity. Really down to earth guys too, hung around for ages at the end taking pictures with people and generally chatting

King Ellis    12,947

Just got done seeing William Ryan Key and This Wild Life. So good. 

WRK I was more invested in between the Yelllowcard stuff he played and his solo work but TWL, even though I'm not nearly as familiar with them, was the better 'show'. Like, WRK was more meek and almost self conscious that people would only be there for YC stuff whereas TWL were much more interacting with the crowd. 

JeReindeer    5,000

I saw Yellowcard do Ocean Avenue in full at Slam Dunk 2016 and it was so damn good. Shame they broke up.

I saw Frank Turner for the 6th time on Saturday and he was excellent again. Jimmy Eat World supported and were boring as hell.

Off to Don Broco tomorrow for my brother's birthday present as they're one of the few bands we have in common. Neck Deep are supporting too who I also enjoy greatly so pretty damn hyped for it.

Troy    2,938

Thinking of going to Slam Dunk this year, if only because now it's entirely outdoors and there's a ton of bands I want to see playing for once. Now it's operation try and acquire 65 pounds and make sure my friends go. :P

JeReindeer    5,000

Don Broco / Neck Deep was the best gig I've been to in months, absolutely outstanding from both of them. Also caught Rusty Shackle on Friday but wasn't feeling 100%. They were good to be fair but I had to leave slightly earlier than I'd have liked.

Slam Dunk adding Neck Deep has made me really want to go, because the line-up was already bloody fantastic and they're the cherry on top, along with As It Is. Need to sort a few things but I'm hoping I can sort circumstances out to be able to get there.

I have no idea how to describe the next band I'm seeing live. The video below does a good job:

VerbalPuke    10,520

I just found out today Gang of Four is playing here this Saturday! 

Except....we already have plans to see a friends band. Just bad timing. The local show will be good and supporting local music is good so I don’t feel so bad. 

Howdy Cloudy    17,318

Pentagram is playing here on March 22nd. Real tempted by that one. $20 advance, $23 day of show. That's honestly not bad.

The Obsessed are here March 28th, $12 or $15 day of show. Also really good considering you're seeing a fucking doom legend like Wino, live.

JMarushin    123
14 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I just found out today Gang of Four is playing here this Saturday! 

Except....we already have plans to see a friends band. Just bad timing. The local show will be good and supporting local music is good so I don’t feel so bad. 

My only knowledge of Gang of Four is that they had a song on the original Karate Kid soundtrack