Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Why don't you guys just enjoy the music instead of fretting about the audience? :/

Fair comment, just found it mildly irksome that some people think that it's a good idea to start a moshpit in an Imagine Dragons concert. It's hardly Metallica or Iron Maiden :/

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I was thinking about going but it is just so expensive!

It is a lot of money tbf. Ticket was 95 but with delivery and booking fee it came to 110 :(

One of the reasons I decided to just get one was because I'm not going abroad this year on holiday, I'll be going to Scotland again with family plus I'm not going to any other festivals so me and a few friends planned to go to the Hyde Park gig. Should be a good day, considering I was trying to get a Jake Bugg ticket a while ago and he's supporting. That and the rest of the acts playing are pretty decent.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Adam Ant last night, it was brilliant. Great stage presence, and his band were actually really cool - so much better than they came across when he was on Jools Holland. Nice mix of new stuff, the obvious Ants hits, a couple of old solo tracks, and some more obscure early Ants material, plus a T-Rex cover and a Stooges cover. Really good fun.

Unfortunately, I too am going to have to complain a little about the audience. The problem with this sort of gig is that it was an audience that aren't necessarily regular gig-goers, tend to skew a little older than most gigs I've been to, and a bit more "casual fans", so they weren't really following what I'd consider gig etiquette. People standing up right in front of people who were still sitting down, or only standing up for "the hits" and then just sitting on their hands for every other song, no matter how good the performance was. My irrational pet hate, too, was the amount of people wearing T-shirts they'd bought at the show. You don't do that!

What particularly annoyed me was that, in a second encore, he finished with "Physical", which is a bloody great song. Within seconds of him getting off stage, three people sat near me complained that "he didn't finish on a high note" or that "most bands end with one of their big songs". If it bothers you that much, why didn't you just fucking walk out after "Prince Charming", then?

Well, seems like my gig calender is finally picking up after over six months of stagnation (man, I can't believe the last thing I went to was Aalborg Metal Festival back in fucking November). But it is picking up in a great way! Might end up at the Pop Revo Festival in Aarhus next week where people like R. Stevie Moore, How to Dress Well, The Rumour Said Fire, Shugo Tokumaru, Causa Sui, Lower and fucking Thulebasen are playing. Hopefully that is going to happen. Otherwise, I have The Residents to look forward to in May and then a packed June with My Bloody Valentine on the 13th, perhaps NorthSide Festival from the 14th and through the weekend, then Neurosis on the 25th and then Roskilde Festival from the 29th to the 7th of July.

And man, Roskilde is packed with good stuff. I am going to try and list all the things I am most definitely going to see; Kraftwerk, The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Kvelertak, James Blake, Bobby Womack, Anaal Nathrakh, Baauer, The Bots, Jake Bugg, Danny Brown, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Ekkozone (who are performing Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians), El-P, Iceage, Keiji Haino with Stephen O'Malley and Oren Ambarchi performing Nazoranai, Suuns, The Sword, Vinnie Who, Ajuna, Lower, Overthrow and Solbrud. And these are only the acts I am definitely seeing; there will probably be tons more once I get to the actual festival and get dragged along to stuff.

Summer is going to be great!

A friend was working on the door for The Vaccines while we were in Paris last week so caught their show, on the Friday I think. Not a band I would normally go to see, although I've heard both albums and there are bits I like on both.

They do what they do very well, it's just that they don't really do anything else. It feels like their show could be a little more varied, but I'll definitely give their next album a go, I'm interested to see if they go for a bit more of the same or if there are any departures in store.

Went to see Adam Ant last night, it was brilliant. Great stage presence, and his band were actually really cool - so much better than they came across when he was on Jools Holland. Nice mix of new stuff, the obvious Ants hits, a couple of old solo tracks, and some more obscure early Ants material, plus a T-Rex cover and a Stooges cover. Really good fun.

Unfortunately, I too am going to have to complain a little about the audience. The problem with this sort of gig is that it was an audience that aren't necessarily regular gig-goers, tend to skew a little older than most gigs I've been to, and a bit more "casual fans", so they weren't really following what I'd consider gig etiquette. People standing up right in front of people who were still sitting down, or only standing up for "the hits" and then just sitting on their hands for every other song, no matter how good the performance was. My irrational pet hate, too, was the amount of people wearing T-shirts they'd bought at the show. You don't do that!

What particularly annoyed me was that, in a second encore, he finished with "Physical", which is a bloody great song. Within seconds of him getting off stage, three people sat near me complained that "he didn't finish on a high note" or that "most bands end with one of their big songs". If it bothers you that much, why didn't you just fucking walk out after "Prince Charming", then?

Sheesh! Sounds like that crowd was absolute rubbish.

Just have to ask, though: Did he do "Stand And Deliver" or "Wonderful"?

Why not?

Oh. I was wondering because I'm going to see Twenty One Pilots in a couple of weeks and it's probably the only chance I'm going to get to get a t-shirt or anything cause their webstore is American only. But having seen queues after gigs, I figured it'd be better getting stuff before the show :/