Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 4 weeks later...

The best two live bands I've seen at gigs I've played recently are The Fabulous Beard and Ray Gun.

However Fabulous Beard aren't anywhere near as good in recordings as they are live, while Ray Gun are brilliant live or recorded and I love them.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Manic Street Preachers performing the entirety of "Everything Must Go", supported by Super Furry Animals AND in the Liberty Stadium?

4ef822b9efa498145c70ccff31988d1f.jpg

I badly, badly, badly want to go - but Swansea is six hours away from me. Plus I'm 95% certain they're doing the reverse of the Holy Bible 20th Anniversary Tour: big show in Wales, tour the rest of the UK later in the year. At least I hope. Seeing them perform 'Everything Must Go' in full is on my bucket list... The same one that had them performing 'Holy Bible' in full, incidentally.

On 03/09/2015, 20:47:11, Blurryface Cymbols said:

I'm going to see Twenty One Pilots again in February. Also seeing them this November after seeing them twice in the past year. I might be obsessed. 

I'm really hoping standing tickets for this gig hold out until the end of the month. I need to see these guys, but going to Kacey Musgraves and Skindred this week has wiped me out financially. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2014, 2:48:32, VintagePuke said:

And Gogol Bordello fucking killed it. That was definitely one of the most fun shows I've ever been to. Not only are they great musicians that play great music, but they're great on stage and with crowd interaction. There is also something to be said about being able to tell when a band loves playing music together and seem to have a very close bond. As great as the show was, I loved seeing everybody giving each other hugs after they finished (and not just, hey have a hug, but like I love you man hugs). I definitely shouldn't wait four years until my next show (2010 was the last time I saw a band live) because I forgot how great of an experience it is

But yeah, all in all, I left tonight's show very happy.

This. I saw them again tonight and it was awesome. Best live act for the money no doubt about it.

I forgot to mention the opening band, Jessica Hernandez and the Deltas from my beautiful hometown of Detroit. They were excellent, really unique sound, hard to really describe by wikipedia says "soul pop" though I heard some hints of ska myself.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2015, 22:45:02, Regia said:

I'm really hoping standing tickets for this gig hold out until the end of the month. I need to see these guys, but going to Kacey Musgraves and Skindred this week has wiped me out financially. 

Well, finally got paid and the gig is sold out. Fuck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2015 at 21:00, Jericode said:

Seeing Shinedown, Halestorm and Black Stone Cherry in January now. Wanted to see all three for a while, and missed Shinedown and Halestorm when they last came down Cardiff way. Excited!

On 9/3/2015 at 20:44, GA! said:

Yeah, they're shite live. So are Shinedown.

I think my Dad wants to see them when they go on co-tour together in the UK next year. :puke:

So yeah, the gig was pretty average.

Halestorm were excellent, in my opinion, so it opened fairly strongly. Played all the big hits I knew, really energetic, good fun to kick things off properly (support band were distinctly average).

Shinedown were good, but their setlist was really weirdly structured, and something just seemed off about it. The singer also spent too much time trying to hype the crowd up and plugging the newest album, which is within their right, but I'd already bought it twice so it did nothing for me :shifty:

That left Black Stone Cherry. They kicked the energy back into the crowd, but I knew barely any of the songs and after a few drinks they all started sounding far too similar and we got bored about half way through their set. If they'd had less time and Halestorm had a bit more, I'd probably have been happier. Shinedown could easily have gotten another two songs in the amount of hyping he was doing mid-set, so that was a let down tbh.

Next up I've got All Time Low in two weeks as a Valentine's present to my girlfriend. They're her favourite band and she was very happy when I surprised her with tickets for it. I like them as well and have seen them twice before, but they aren't exactly my first choice of listening. Good Charlotte as support is more interesting, and the little I know of Against the Current is decent, so they should be alright as openers.

12 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Halestorm were excellent, in my opinion, so it opened fairly strongly. Played all the big hits I knew, really energetic, good fun to kick things off properly (support band were distinctly average).

Shinedown were good, but their setlist was really weirdly structured, and something just seemed off about it. The singer also spent too much time trying to hype the crowd up and plugging the newest album, which is within their right, but I'd already bought it twice so it did nothing for me :shifty:

That left Black Stone Cherry. They kicked the energy back into the crowd, but I knew barely any of the songs and after a few drinks they all started sounding far too similar and we got bored about half way through their set. If they'd had less time and Halestorm had a bit more, I'd probably have been happier. Shinedown could easily have gotten another two songs in the amount of hyping he was doing mid-set, so that was a let down tbh.

I'm off to this gig on Friday in Leeds. Overjoyed to see Shinedown are still overly structured and sort of fake in their presentation (did he do the speech about rock and roll being a thing that connects us all, again?) and Black Stone Cherry are still one song extended to five albums now.

Damn it, Dad. Take my brother instead. You love him more anyway. <_<

He did indeed.

I mean, I liked all the songs Shinedown played, but why start with Black Cadillac and follow it with Diamond Eyes when Diamond Eyes is a far better opening song? They just seemed to go up and down between their softer and heavier stuff as if they were flipping a coin, rather than doing any of it with a reason.

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Next up I've got All Time Low in two weeks as a Valentine's present to my girlfriend. They're her favourite band and she was very happy when I surprised her with tickets for it. I like them as well and have seen them twice before, but they aren't exactly my first choice of listening. Good Charlotte as support is more interesting, and the little I know of Against the Current is decent, so they should be alright as openers.

Against the Current are great. Like, I was tempted to get tickets, but I can't justify it just for ATC. I do like All Time Low's music, but how they act, and their fanbase is fucking awful. Good Charlotte is meh.