Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Green Day and Against Me! are playing here in March. Tickets go on the sale at the end of the week. Something I wouldn't mind seeing, I suppose.

On 10/10/2016 at 16:45, Jericode said:

Sum 41 UK tour next spring! Will make up for missing them on the Kerrang tour this year. Really tempted to just have a long weekend in Birmingham and stay for the Kaiser Chiefs gig the next day too.

Booked both of these! Someone come with me! That or meet me for a drink at some point, I don't know who is in and around Birmingham in February (@Cymbols?)

I am also now doing two consecutive days worth of All Time Low in March as well. I just need to find something to see in April now...

@Jericode They released the Swn festival line-up/schedule the other day. Looks like Lonely the Brave are on at about 9.15ish. Based on name alone, I kinda want to see Strong Asian Mothers, but they're not in Tramshed.

Here's the link: http://www.stereoboard.com/uploads/swn2016-schedule.pdf

Aha, ta for that, I saw it when they posted it and promptly lost it and hadn't been able to find it since.

The only bands I've seen playing the Tramshed are Muncie Girls and LTB, both of whom have been good the previous times I've seen them. Keen to check out the others as well.

@New Damage What time you planning on going down?

Muncie Girls, Max Raptor, Fatherson and Lonely the Brave were all very good yesterday. Black Foxxes were alright, I can't even remember the other band's name they were so unmemorable.

I felt bad for Max Raptor though, they were properly into it but you could tell no-one in the crowd knew who they were because they just didn't give a shit. Then at one point the singer asked if anyone had heard of them before; one person cheered, to which the bass player pointed out that three of them had traveled with them :lol:

Billy Talent and Young Guns tomorrow next!

• Like 1

Fatherson are really good, saw them support Prides last year. 

And I hope that Young Guns are less shit than they were at Slam Dunk :shifty: (though tbf that was their second live show in like two years or something, they should have their shit together by now). 

@Jericode you could have stayed to be honest; they only played one song after you left and didn't do an encore!

As said, Lonely the Brave were good save for they didn't do the song I was most looking forward to (Black Mire), but their cover of Comfortably Numb was ace. Could have done without that bellend in the leather jacket though.

As much as I'd have loved to, I only had a minute or two spare before my train arrived, so couldn't really have cut it much closer :P

Not happy with the trade of LTB for a drunken 40th birthday party singing ABBA though.

And yeah that guy was a right bellend, but there's one at every gig.

Have a great time, Rich!

Billy Talent were fucking fantastic tonight, fin all bought one of their albums too on amazon as I'm currently waiting for a delayed train <_<

Young Guns were good again, didn't think much of Say Yes.

Bastille next in a week's time, and I still have to find someone to buy my spare ticket (if my brother doesn't want it).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Panic were awesome, Blackbeard's Tea Party sadly canceled due to poor sales, and then Frank Turner fucking smashed it on the weekend. Biffy Clyro next week is my last gig for the year, which makes me sad, but I'm going to be doing five in March now to break my own PB for one month :P

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Teenage Fanclub the other week, after wanting to for about 15 years. I was the youngest person there bar my wife and some kids whose dad's had forced them along, but they were absolutely outstanding. Just perfect sounding live, and still so enthusiastic despite advancing age.