Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Twin Atlantic and New Found Glory both booked!

Reading & Leeds announcement is weird, I have no idea looking at it who's positioned where other than the headliners, You Me At Six since they tweeted that they're headlining NME stage, and the Dance stage acts from Fri/Sat since Andy C accidentally leaked them. Could make a few guesses but YMAS on NME already threw me a curveball, thought they'd be on Main.

That said, the Reading Friday looks best to me so far, I think there are currently only three acts on the Sunday I'd go and watch :P 

Sum 41 were one of the best live performances I've ever seen. Hollerado were decent as support too, will have to check them out more.

Kaiser Chiefs tomorrow! How I wish they hadn't lost the spark in recent years. Ah well, I'll just get pissed and enjoy the hits.

Saw a great acoustic show with Dan from Alkaline Trio and Matt Pryor from The Get Up Kids last night.  Perfect show for a Sunday night, knew Dan would be fantastic, but I hadn't heard any of Pryor's work and came away a fan.  Love it when that happens.

Just bought tickets for Mallory Knox, supported by Lonely The Brave and Fatherson, at Tramshed. Saw the latter two at the same venue with @Jericode in October. I went mainly for Lonely the Brave and only caught the last song by Fatherson but it sounded good; since then I've listened to them and like them.

Listened to a few songs by Mallory Knox on Spotify - I knew I'd heard them before, often, on Radio 1 but couldn't place the song to the band - and they sounded decent so thought fuck it!

I wish I bought tickets for Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes too now, but sold out :/

Mallory Knox are the least I'm jazzed about, and I've only heard a few songs on shuffle and sounded decent enough.

I too have listened to both Fatherson albums and really liked them, so am a little gutted I missed them first time. They did seem to be having a lot of fun in that last song I saw!

I saw Mallory Knox at Slam Dunk in 2013, they were decent. Not listened to anything they've put out since they released Ghost in the Mirror though.

On gig-related news, I will possibly be going to my first non-friends-band gig since 2013 in May. @Jericode, @Cymbols are you going to Slam Dunk in Birmingham?

20 minutes ago, Troy said:

I saw Mallory Knox at Slam Dunk in 2013, they were decent. Not listened to anything they've put out since they released Ghost in the Mirror though.

On gig-related news, I will possibly be going to my first non-friends-band gig since 2013 in May. @Jericode, @Cymbols are you going to Slam Dunk in Birmingham?

Yes!