Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Saw Against the Current again tonight, wasn't as good as the last time I saw them in September because the setlist was shorter and I didn't know the support this time, but it was still a good show and I managed to get their two early EPs for a fiver each rather than the ridiculous prices I keep seeing online :P

Also saw All Time Low twice last week because I'm completely whipped since they're my girlfriend's favourite band. They do a great live show though so not complaining. Waterparks were good supporting them, but didn't think much of SWMRS. Managed to grab a setlist from the second show too, so my girlfriend can officially not complain at me at all for about a month which is excellent.

Lower Than Atlantis on Saturday next, because I apparently have a gig addiction.

You should book your ticket and come see them again then ;)

I've been meaning to check them out for a while, apparently their live show is excellent. I think I've got 15 bands on my 'to see' list at Slam Dunk now, though some inevitable clashes will whittle it down.

Weezer have announced a UK tour in October...

23rd October – Leeds, Academy
24th October – Glasgow, O2 Academy
25th October – Manchester, O2 Apollo
27th October – Birmingham, O2 Academy
28th October – London, SSE Arena, Wembley

Leeds Academy on my birthday! My... 30th birthday. I'm so old. :(

Bon Jovi's a solid 5 or 6 out of 10. Saw them at the FedEx Forum last night. I don't like doing stadium shows because we had nosebleed seats, so we had to watch most of the concert on one of the stadium TVs, but it felt like.. super low energy. I guess I'm just used to going to smaller shows with younger bands, because all they did was just.. stand there and play. Kinda dull.

Oh well. They at least played like 5 songs off Slippery When Wet. The rest were really generic arena rock BANGERS from the past (I'm guessing) decade or so. 

Overall, glad I went for the experience, just a bit disappointed that it wasn't what I thought it would be. I'd like to go back to Memphis just to fuck around on Beale Street though.

Saw Prides again last night. Super energetic alt pop duo from Glasgow, first saw them live supporting Twenty One Pilots like four years ago, and I've gone to see them as headliners a few times since. Probably in my top five bands, one of the few that I never get tired of hearing when they come on shuffle (I mainly listen to my ipod on shuffle, just for variety sakes). 

Also got the opportunity to interview Stewart, the lead singer a few weeks ago which was pretty neat.

Lower Than Atlantis on the weekend were great, plus three support bands on top of it for less than £20 and the value was top notch.

Set It Off are FINALLY doing UK shows so I might have to drag my ass to Bristol for that (depends on Slam Dunk clashes as to whether I can be bothered) and Young Guns are coming down Cardiff again in September, which might be tempting.

Saw Warpaint in Birmingham last night, and they're just stupidly talented.

Their support band, Shame were brilliant. Noisy, intense and energetic punk band with water spitting, stripping and lead singer going through the crowd with the mic. Bit depressing to see a successful band that looks my age though.

Vukovi are playing Cardiff on the second leg of their tour, really tempted to go just to tick June off for the year* and it's only 9 quid, but it's the day after I'm seeing Twin Atlantic in Swansea so I'll basically be dying and I still haven't decided if I'm doing Set It Off or Young Guns. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING MONEY DAMMIT.

*My aim last year was to try and go to a gig/festival every month, which was let down by missing April, so I'm trying again this year. As it stands, still need June, August, November and December. August will likely get ticked off by Reading Festival and Nov/Dec are ages away so nothing's been announced yet. June is proving awkward so far.

Vukovi got announced for Slam Dunk, so between them being at that and Y Not, probably not going to bother seeing them and I'll just catch them at a festival.

Catfish also announced their playing Cardiff on my girlfriend's birthday, so I may get dragged to that but I'm hoping she takes her brother instead. Not that fussed on them.

Also, speaking of Slam Dunk, @Troy I finally forced @Cymbols to buy his ticket.