Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-1 at 22:15, Jericode said:

Shockingly for me I don't think I have another gig now for about 6 weeks :o

I've decided this is unacceptable so I'm seriously considering counteracting it by doing 6 gigs in 9 days at the end of May/start of June :P

Also found a couple around Cardiff later in the year that look tempting too, which should help pad my calendar out.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, El TiBRRRAAAAUUUN said:

On Sunday, I'll be seeing Metallica play at MetLife Stadium. Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold are also playing with them. I'm so pumped. 

If Avenged are as good as they were in January, they'll kick ass. Jealous you're seeing Metallica!

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 20:01, Jericode said:

I've decided this is unacceptable so I'm seriously considering counteracting it by doing 6 gigs in 9 days at the end of May/start of June :P

Also found a couple around Cardiff later in the year that look tempting too, which should help pad my calendar out.

Booked Vukovi for the 1st of June and Madina Lake for the 2nd, so I've now got 5 in 9 days! Decided against one of them in the end, didn't like them enough and I'm probably watching them at Slam Dunk anyway. Waterparks are touring later this year so may end up being dragged to see them again for what will be the 4th time (5th if I see them at SD as well), but it's the day after I'm seeing New Found Glory so might well try and avoid it if possible.

It's great seeing Maiden in Cardiff just to see Bruce Dickinson try to get people happy at the sight of the Union Jack when they play The Trooper. Good gig but felt their 2010 set was a lot stronger all-around. Their staging is second to none though.

Shinedown were a bit wank but inoffensive.

Slam Dunk was good fun. 

Highlights were Crossfaith, The Maine and Set It Off. Bowling for Soup, Andrew McMahon, We the Kings, Cute is What We Aim For, Milk Teeth and With Confidence were all also good. DJ Lars was not. 

• Like 1

Yeah, experiencing Crossfaith live, having Neck Deep sign my ticket, and finally getting to see Set It Off and meeting the singer were the highlights for me. Great festival once again, dead keen for next year already. Still jealous you got that pick :P

Triple header this week now. Gonna be running on empty come the weekend.

59 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Yeah, experiencing Crossfaith live, having Neck Deep sign my ticket, and finally getting to see Set It Off and meeting the singer were the highlights for me. Great festival once again, dead keen for next year already. Still jealous you got that pick :P

Triple header this week now. Gonna be running on empty come the weekend.

Ruined it with a pun though, didn't I :lol:

• Like 1

I just went and saw Melt Banana at Ramsgate Music Hall. <3 <3 <3

I also went and bought a t-shirt and badge off them but I totally bottled any decent conversation or photo request because I'm horrible at meeting my faves.

So so so so so so so so good. Although I was the only one getting excited at their old stuff (yeah, I was THAT guy at the gig) and I totally marked out when they played their cover of Monkey Man which is my favourite Monkey Man cover of them all.

Melt Banana, I salute you with love.

• Like 2

Saw Twin Atlantic in Swansea tonight. Fucking awesome. Venue was sold out and surprisingly small, so it was sweaty and hot and the energy in the room was mental.

If you Scots decide to fuck off in another referendum we're keeping them, they're too good. You can have Biffy Clyro back though :shifty:

Saw Hawkwind on Monday. Absolutely phenomenal stuff - first half was an acoustic set, which is a pleasant surprise, as a lot of my favourite Hawkwind material is their slower, hippy-ish stuff, and I didn't expect to hear any of it. Lots of chance for between song chat there, too, and Brockie just comes across like anyone's dad at the pub.

Second half was electric, and amazing. First song was one of the most intense, heaviest things I've ever seen live - which is saying something - and went on for a good ten minutes, and I'd have been happy for it to go on even longer. If I have half the energy that Brockie does when I'm 75, I'll be a very lucky man indeed.

Obviously the encore was Silver Machine, which is far from my favourite song of theirs, but so much fun live, especially when a good half or more of the crowd are aged 50+ and going mental for it.

My only criticism was the venue - it was at the Opera House, which is all fixed seating, and I was in the dress circle. It was a gig I really would have liked to have been standing for - especially the second half - and being sat down politely watching felt odd.