General Movie Thread

Jimmy

41 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

On the subject of Toy Story. I really disliked Toy Story 4. Is that a thing that's allowed?

I've still not seen Toy Story 4 because I'm afraid I'll just be disappointed by it not being Toy Story 3.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

On the subject of Toy Story. I really disliked Toy Story 4. Is that a thing that's allowed?

I checked with the judges - and they say it's allo-, oh wait. Trump just replaced them with cronies, you're being deported, sorry bud! :P

Yes it's allowed - I enjoyed the new angle they took the franchise in 4, but I can understand it not being for everyone especially after the first 3

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Personally, I wouldn't have even done a sequel. Toy Story is the best, by some distance. Add to the fact that it was kind of revolutionary.

I wouldn’t have done a sequel either, that trilogy is pretty much as perfect as you can make one in my book, but my god I kinda’ loved it. 

They went a very different direction and the fact that they just added to Woody’s rich character was awesome. The only thing I was sort of sad about was how little the rest of the main cast had to do. Basically needed a lot more Buzz. I’m probably very biased when it comes to Toy Story, though, I watch the Halloween and Christmas episodes every year. I still haven’t seen Toy Story 3 since 2010 at the cinema because it was kind of perfect to me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny, everyone seems to hate it but hearing and reading about Terminator Dark Fate has made me interested in the series. Of course I've seen the original but it was never my big thing.

23 minutes ago, =BK= said:

It's funny, everyone seems to hate it but hearing and reading about Terminator Dark Fate has made me interested in the series. Of course I've seen the original but it was never my big thing.

The thing is no one really seems to hate it.  Critic rating is a 70% (which is probably about average, a C on your report card in school) on RT, and the audience score is an 82%.  Think people are just tired of the Terminator franchise for now, and also Dark Fate had a lot of logic holes that make no sense

It looks really good. I'm very curious how they handle Tony Todd since it looks like the plot is the main character becoming Candyman, but I think they're deliberately hiding Tony since he's the actual embodiment of the monster. I don't wanna know though, keep me as in the dark as possible... that was my big gripe with Us, they gave away the best stuff in the trailer. 

• Like 1