General Movie Thread

Jimmy

6 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

So will they do a reboot or a sequel? If it is the later, which movie will it be a sequel of? Or will they continue what Zombie started (highly unlikely)?

They haven't said because they "don't know" yet, but he said that he didn't like the Rob Zombie remakes because he felt they strayed too far from his original vision of Michael Myers. 

Red Ranger in action.

https://m.imgur.com/a/IKBV3

I like that a whole lot more than that promo shot. My favorite thing about it is that I look at it and still instantly recognize it as a Power Ranger even though it's not a normal Power Ranger suit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roeper's review is the only negative one I've seen so far. All the rest have been largely positive, mostly praising the cast and how well they work together and talking about how the film is more of a "respectful riff" (AVClub's words) on the original film. I have seen a lot of people saying the effects were a bit cheesy though. 

• Like 1

I was basing it off of AVClub (B), and Uproxx (positive). Those are the only other reviews I've read - Rotten Tomatoes has it at 75%, with 54 "fresh" reviews and 18 "rotten".

Who knew the divisive film everyone was up in arms about would get such divisive reviews? :shifty:

Also, unrelated, but the plot of the Angry Birds movie sounds.. like something, alright.

• Like 1

62 on Metacritic for a summer Hollywood big budget film is probably above the average. It's probably good but not great. 

• Like 2

I always wish I agreed more with AV Club reviews. Their website is probably the best form and function of its kind, but whenever I look at them I rarely agree with content review makers, I find that they over rate stuff a lot, I think maybe because they tend to have people who are fans of the thing doing reviewing it.

I'm pretty sure there was a statistical study done that compiled which movie review site statistically was most accurate in predicting the quality in a movie (comparing their own reviews versus viewers polled after the screening) but I can't remember if it was individual reviewers or aggregate sites like Metacritic that they assessed.