General Movie Thread

Jimmy

19 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

You should think that don't you?

Maybe it's old news but I just found out that next year we will get a Death Wish remake by Eli Roth starring Bruce Willis. Mmm somehow that one I want to watch.

That could be fun provided that Willis decides to give a fuck about acting again.

Edited by Hellraiser

http://geektyrant.com/news/new-sinister-image-of-pennywise-the-clown-from-stephen-kings-it

New image of Pennywise from the upcoming remake of It.

Why even remake that movie? Does the average person who isn't a film buff even remember Ben-Hur other than that it was a big movie from nearly 60 years ago? I'm not saying that it doesn't have it's well deserved place in movie history but I don't think there is that big of an audience for it and the low box office numbers seem to validate my concerns.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 3

On 22/08/2016 at 18:31, Benji said:

Ben-Hur remake opens at just $11.4m opening.

Can't say I'm surprised, I didn't even know it was finished, let alone being released this week. Must be one awful ad campaign.

Released in America. It's over here beginning of September.

Why the fuck they thought remaking a biblical epic in this day and age would make money is beyond me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cloudy said:

That's the one with Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges that people were calling a "modern Western", right?

Yep. Ben Foster is probably the standout, though, even if Pine and Bridges are also really great.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GA! said:

Released in America. It's over here beginning of September.

Why the fuck they thought remaking a biblical epic in this day and age would make money is beyond me.

It's not even the remake that's the problem when it comes to making money, it's just the complete lack of buzz or advertising or anything. I'm at the cinema generally a couple of times a week and there's nothing, I think I caught the trailer once but it's barely been advertised anywhere. Maybe in the next week or two we'll see more spots but the whole film has been mishandled.

Ben-Hur: I remember the trailer being in rotation maybe 6 monthsish ago at the cinema, then it popped up again in the last month. Barely seen in on TV/billboards/other meda though.