General Movie Thread

Jimmy

9 minutes ago, Srar Humbug said:

I think I am going to go see a movie today. If you had to choose between Fantastic Beasts, Passengers or Assassins Creed what would you pick? Or is there something else good out? Only thing I have seen in a couple months is Rogue One so the options are pretty wide open

I'd say Fantastic Beasts. The wife and I saw it on CHristmas. It was quite enjoyable!

I'd stay away from Passengers, from what I've heard it's kinda creepy-stalkerish, and they try to frame it as romantic.

Yeah, easily Fantastic Beasts of those 3 options. Sing is supposed to be a pretty cute film too, if you wanna take the kids.

So thanks to you guys I chose Fantastic Beasts! :D 

But thanks to the Carrie Fisher news I got there late! :( 

Not wanting to just turn around and go home I checked to see what was playing! This could be exciting! :w00t:

Spoiler

I saw Passengers :facepalm:

And based on that...

Spoiler

I don't want to go to the movies anymore :crying:

• Like 1

Bit of an outdated question but did anyone really have any great expectations for X-men Apocalypse? A friend of mine listed his 5 biggest movie disappointments for 2016 and that was number 2.

I had no great expectations for it, it met that standard and I've forgotten about it since.

On 12/31/2016 at 17:35, Noah said:

Bit of an outdated question but did anyone really have any great expectations for X-men Apocalypse? A friend of mine listed his 5 biggest movie disappointments for 2016 and that was number 2.

I had no great expectations for it, it met that standard and I've forgotten about it since.

Seems like there are still a lot of Bryan Singer fans out there who really liked the first 2 X-Men movies and for some reason Days Of Future Past as well. Apparently they expected big things from Apocalypse. Critics liked Days Of Future Past as well. It has a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I had high expectations for Days Of Future Past. It was a shame that they didn't manage to keep Matthew Vaughn because I really love First Class. But I really like the first two X-Men movies too so I went to see it with an open mind. I ended up being really disappointed. I couldn't get invested into what was happening. By the end of X-Men 2 and First Class I was at the edge of my seat because I cared about what was happening to these characters. But this movie just left me cold even though the stakes in it were just as high as in the previous two movies. And I don't blame that on the actors. They were good in their roles (apart from Jenniger Lawrence who just really didn't want to be there and it shows) but the writing just wasn't there. I hated that the entire plot basically served to overwrite everything Vaughn established in First Class and to restore the status quo of the Singer movies and how they killed almost all of the supporting cast of First Class. That's just very disrespectfuyl towards Vaughn. Plus they wasted Peter Dinklage on a nothing-part. Quicksilver was cool though. Best scene from the movie.

That movie was in my theater for like two months and I was walking in and watching bits and pieces of it all the time during checks and I still couldn't tell you what the actual plot of it was.

But I just saw Hidden Figures today and you should watch that! It's a feel-good movie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, New Year New Srar! said:

I am really excited to finally be able to watch The Girl on the Train. Any chance any of you have seen it?

It got mixed reviews here, with most saying that the book is a lot better.

17 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

That movie was in my theater for like two months and I was walking in and watching bits and pieces of it all the time during checks and I still couldn't tell you what the actual plot of it was.

But I just saw Hidden Figures today and you should watch that! It's a feel-good movie.

I'll make that my next movie. Maybe this weekend!

Anyone else see the clip TMZ posted of the treatment of a German Shepard from the set of the film? My god, I'm not going to repost it here but it's total bullshit. 

Frightened thing doesn't want to go into turbulent water, is clearly frightened and trying to claw away and then gets out in anyways and hits the far walk only to get sucked underwater as they yell cut and rush to save it. 

Total fucking bullshit. 

4 hours ago, apsham said:

Anyone else see the clip TMZ posted of the treatment of a German Shepard from the set of the film? My god, I'm not going to repost it here but it's total bullshit. 

Frightened thing doesn't want to go into turbulent water, is clearly frightened and trying to claw away and then gets out in anyways and hits the far walk only to get sucked underwater as they yell cut and rush to save it. 

Total fucking bullshit. 

Saw that. It's from the filming of A Dog's Purpose. Horrifying treatment.