General Movie Thread

Jimmy

That's amazing. Oh god I want Rashida Jones to voice a Toy Story character, please please please.

Also, fuck me Interstellar was fucking amazing. Somebody on here go and fucking watch it so I can discuss it!

Seen it in IMAX. Unbelievably good.

At this point it's been almost a week since I saw it, and I've had time to mull it over. My initial love for it may have been a bit too much because I left shaken (mostly because things related to fathers always seem to get to me since I lost my dad), but I still think the movie is really really good. Even with all the cheese. The message is cheesy and the movie is ridiculous at points, but the ambition just demands so much respect. I still love it.

• Like 1

I think it has to be ridiculous and it had to be cheesy at points, but it worked for me. Whether it was the stuff with the doctor or Anne Hathaway. I love the ridiculous of it all, though. For me it was a feast for my eyes and my ears, all the sounds just being burned into your brain created this feeling of being really close to dying for me. The IMAX cinema definitely made it better.

Still did pretty respectable numbers, didn't it? Box Office Mojo has 6 down as grossing 56.2 million domestic and Interstellar at 52 million domestic.

IMDB is reporting 6 is ahead by 4 mil.

Yeah, Cloudy, it is a great number, it's the first time that two movies are already over the 50 mil mark outside of the summer. It is probably due to the family turnout though.

Brench, is that the international number?

There's always going to be one or two reviewers who hate it, and that could be fair, maybe it really isn't for them.

As for people I actually know, well, I have a cousin who said he thought Guardians is boring. Wait, did I say have?I meant had.

Shit, when my girlfriend likes something as nerdy as this, it has to be good.

So Interstellar was very good and even Anne Hathaway being in it didn't ruin it for me, although my theater had it playing on the shitty screen without stadium seating to make room for Big Hero 6. I loved everything up until the ending, which I felt could have been a little better if

They had been willing to kill off Cooper. Show a scene with his daughter recognizing what he's done and the price he paid for them. There wasn't a need for Cooper to somehow live aside for the long-winded face-to-face at the end. It would really hammer home the impact of his sacrifice. Basically very similar to my gripe with the Dark Knight Rises.

Still an awesome movie and extremely draining not only mentally but emotionally. I wasn't expecting that.

Not really, it was a great twist, because she really did think he was dead for all that time. It's why she was in cryosleep. It turned into him having to live longer than her, which is why she didn't want him to see her die. In TDKR, the whole movie was about him sacrificing everything for his city, and they spitting in his face. And he still sacrificed himself. Well, he was supposed to, at least, until the cop out at the end. This movie is about him trying to save his kids, especially Muprh.

Edited by Benkid

If this is even half as good as the first one I will love it and see it a billion times and quote it incessantly.

• Like 1