General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Oh dear God, I'm so excited for that, especially after Pacific Rim kickstarted my love for Kaiju films. I'm not familiar with Gareth Edwards (I will watch Monsters after next week to find out how optimistic I should be), but I love Bryan Cranston and I like Juliette Binoche. Definitely my second most anticipated film of next year.

Oh yeah, and Frank Darabont is writing the script, so like, holy shit.

Edited by Benkid

I mean, I guess it looks better than the Godzilla from 2000... is that a compliment? I feel like I say that about all the films ever.

I dunno. I find it hard to care about a Godzilla film that doesn't feature him killing something or being killed by something. Pretty much the least exciting thing about Pacific Rim was monsters destroying shit.

Can't wait to find out what the plan was for those parachute guys, though.

"We're out of missiles, go to plan C: operation throw yourselves at the giant lizard."

Also, I hope we see the return of Godzilla dropkicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mg71wMZaI&feature=youtu.be&t=6s

• Like 3

To be fair while TKz is a miserable bastard who complains about every single trailer for anything without fail, that trailer is super generic.

I liked the Days of Future Past trailer! And American Hustle! And Wolf of Wall Street! And 12 Years A Slave and The Counseller and Cap 2 and even Riddick! There's lots of trailers I like. Just not this one!

Though I'll take "miserable bastard" over "DTB" as a gimmick.

That Godzilla looks awesome. Hope the movie is good. Some people are saying there is another monster laying dead on the ground in the trailer, anyone see it? I just see dead people.

"What if we took Groundhog Day, right? And crossed it with Gears of War?!!"

To be fair, though, that looks super fun. I like that Tom Cruise has basically decided to give up being taken too seriously and just wants to make cool Sci-Fi films.

"What if we took Groundhog Day, right? And crossed it with Gears of War?!!"

To be fair, though, that looks super fun. I like that Tom Cruise has basically decided to give up being taken too seriously and just wants to make cool Sci-Fi films.
How do you explain Oblivion then? :P

Yeah that's not even really true though. He's got another Jack Reacher in the pipeline and they're already working on MI:5, a Top Gun sequel at some point too. I mean, beyond Olivion and this, I'm not sure that it's a pattern of his or anything.