General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Funny you say that, it's getting better reviews than An Unexpected Journey did. 75% from critics on RT compared to An Unexpected Journey's 65%, so not by much, but I'm sure I'm still going to love it anyway. >_>

Speaking of movies that could go either way...Godzilla!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUbuBrbP1g

Not much to go on but it looks like it could be pretty cool.

This trailer is crazy good in IMAX.

Went to a double showing last night. I hadn't seen any Middle Earth movie before so there was an extra amount of excitement. I enjoyed them both quite a bit but 6 hours of 3D is not the greatest.

I am pretty ambivalent about the LotR movies. I saw all the LotR trilogy because it was what a close friend wanted to do on her birthday. I have seen the two Hobbit movies because my wife likes them. So I saw it last night. It was a good movie, I liked the ending, loved Cumberbach as Smaug. But good God, I am begging Peter Jackson to make one of these movies that lasts 2 hours. They are just way too long.

I mean, it's cool. But I have a hard time getting psyched for stuff like this that tells us nothing any way, let alone when it's a full year away!

But I mean, it's Nolan. It'll either be incredible, or just a bit too try hardy but still better than most. I'm hoping it's more Sci-Fi than just Space stuff, though. I'd like to see him tackle something like that.

I mean, I'm not going to pretend I'm not biased but it got me pumped. I'm a huge Nolan fan and even it is straight space exploration and less sci-fi (though I highly doubt there won't be something afoot), I'm incredibly intrigued because either way, it's not something I would have pegged him as doing.