General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I have no idea how I will feel hearing Danny McBride's voice and yet not seeing him.

Erm...why? It's not like he hasn't done voicework before, nor is his comedic value really tied to seeing his face.

I mean, I can hear him as KITT in my head already.

Yeah, he was in Desicpable Me and Kung-Fu Panda 2. He voiced a character on Good Vibes and does some work for his animated show Chozen. He's also done a couple of commercials where he's not on screen.

EDIT: Oh and he's also a voice on GTA 5.

Um no, they're both bad. They're not even mid-level when it comes to animated movies. Despicable Me just drove me crazy by having three annoying kid characters instead of the obligatory one and on top of that they had those fucking horrible minions (which turned into an even bigger clusterfuck in the sequel). Kung Fu Panda was so far away from the first one that it really should just be erased from existence for spoiling the image of the original.

It's called opinion, Benkid. You're allowed to have one, but the rest of the world is too. Despicable Me got rave reviews, too, so it's not just Livid.

I know, I was actually trying to say that, but I'm terrible at everything, obviously :(

Livid brushed off my opinion of both those films being terrible, so I was just saying that I thought they were terrible. I see now I came off like I was stating fact, though, sorry.

Didn't know if I should make a new topic or just put it somewhere, but

Ellen Page came out.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the audience at Time to THRIVE, a conference to promote the welfare of LGBT young people, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time."

"Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility."

During her speech on Friday, the Juno star, 26, went on to say that, "It's weird because here I am, an actress, representing – at least in some sense – an industry that places crushing standards on all of us. Not just young people, but everyone. Standards of beauty. Of a good life. Of success. Standards that, I hate to admit, have affected me."

• Like 2

First full Godzilla trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-mEJwhVzw

I have to say that I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. Didn't think it'd end up being any good but it sure does look like it could be a ton of fun.

• Like 2