General Movie Thread

Jimmy

You know, the new Godzilla movie just isn't going to work unless there's an Asian-looking guy saying "Godgilla. Godgilla" at the beginning.

It's Gojira. :bang:

I was thinking about the Matthew Broderick film, but apparently that guy said "Gojira" too. Whoops :(

• Like 1

After watching Hannah and Her Sisters, I've now seen 10 Woody Allen films and I really like them all to varying degrees, with Annie Hall and Purple Rose of Cairo tied for my favourite. I just really, really don't wanna watch some of his poorly reviews stuff just because.

For what it's worth though, I've seen about half an hour of Sleeper and I can't say I liked it all that much, especially as I was looking forward to it.

Haven't seen this posted yet, but Bryan Singer has been accused of raping a teenage boy.

Director Bryan Singer, weeks before the releaseof his blockbuster "X-Men" action film, "X-Men: Days of Future Past," has been accused of drugging and raping a teenage boy in California and Hawaii in the late 1990s.

The lawsuit filed on Wednesday in U.S. Court in Hawaii alleges that Singer, 48, used his influence as a Hollywood insider as well as a range of drugs and alcohol to force anal and oral sex on the boy while promising him roles in his films.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Michael Egan seeks unspecified damages and a jury trial after wide-ranging abuses at California and Hawaii house parties beginning in the late 1990s, according to the civil action.

Singer's attorney, Marty Singer, called the claims "without merit" and "absurd and defamatory."

Haven't seen this posted yet, but Bryan Singer has been accused of raping a teenage boy.

Director Bryan Singer, weeks before the releaseof his blockbuster "X-Men" action film, "X-Men: Days of Future Past," has been accused of drugging and raping a teenage boy in California and Hawaii in the late 1990s.

The lawsuit filed on Wednesday in U.S. Court in Hawaii alleges that Singer, 48, used his influence as a Hollywood insider as well as a range of drugs and alcohol to force anal and oral sex on the boy while promising him roles in his films.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Michael Egan seeks unspecified damages and a jury trial after wide-ranging abuses at California and Hawaii house parties beginning in the late 1990s, according to the civil action.

Singer's attorney, Marty Singer, called the claims "without merit" and "absurd and defamatory."

Saw a post on Facebook saying Singer has proof that he wasn't in Hawaii during the alleged rape.

In the late 90s? Sounds drummed up.

Most sexual assaults go unreported forever.

Not saying this is true, but letting something go unreported doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

I hope Singer's proof is legit, really hope the allegations are not true. If it's not, the accuser will easily get buried by defamation lawsuits. But it will also delegitimize other claims within Hollywood, which is tragic because you know this stuff is happening, even if it's not Singer.

Even if it were true, do you think anything would come of it? Look at the allegations surrounding Woody Allen. Or the entire Roman Polanski thing. Singer could be charged and found guilty and nothing would come of it, because Hollywood is still as much of an insulated old boys network as it ever was.

I really hope this doesn't effect X-Men: Apocalypse.

Yes, I'm aware how that being my concern makes me a terrible human being.

I don't know why you're worried about it. If Singer can't do it then they'll hire someone else to direct. Singer may really want to do the story but that doesn't mean it would die without him.

The Conjuring

Sinister

Son of Batman

Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones

Pacific Rim

What should I watch this Saturday? I was considering watching a cam version of the new Captain America but I'll wait, I can't deal with people noise.