General Movie Thread

Jimmy

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Don't know why the kids anguish at the start amuses me as much as it does.

"Oh no, not my precious boat literally made out of a piece of paper :("

His brother made it for him, you monster :crying:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched Christopher Nolan's Memento again. It's still an amazing movie. My favorite non-Batman movie from Nolan. Watching this movie again also reminded me that there was a remake announced in late 2015. Although as of today there haven't been any updates on that so I hope that the idea has been scrapped. I don't see the point of the re-make. The original still holds up. I don't see any way in which this story could be told any better. And if you would film a modern day version you'd have to make some substantial changes to the movie. No one usses Polaroid cameras anymore. Modern Leonard would probably have a smartphone with which he not only can take pictures and notes but also record video and audio, making it much harder for other to manipulate him as they did in the original. Hiding all the pens so he can't take nots and waiting 10 minutes until his short-term memory is reset is easy. Stealing his smartphone without him noticing or trying to hack into his smartphone is much harder to do.

There are rumors making the rounds that Universal is planning a Fasr And Furious spin-off staring The Rock as Agent Hobbs and Jason Statham as Decker Shaw. I'd be okay with this.

Spoiler

Although I still find it strange that the Fast and Furious crew seem to accept him into their family without any problems by the end of Fate Of The Furious. Seems that they all forgot that it was Decker Shaw who killed Han in the mid-credit scene in Fast And Furious 6. But saving Dom's kids apparently cancels murdering a member of their family out.

Was walking Luna by the movie theatre, they offered me free tickets and a concession coupon for The Promise, the new Oscar Isaac and Christian Bale movie about the Armenian Genocide. 

I think I liked the movie more than I'd say it's actually good. It was an interesting little historical character story that wasn't the most well acted movie, and it contained a fair few plot holes. But, I like Oscar Isaac and I like historical stuff like this, so it was a fine way to spend a few hours (for free, no less).

11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Trailer for The Dark Tower is out, and while its obvious it doesn't follow the books extremely closely (which I completely understand) it still looks like its going to be a ton of fun.

Book ending spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure the film is being marketed as a sequel that occurs after the end of the book (where he walks through the door and it starts the story again).

EDIT: Yup, seems to be confirmed: http://collider.com/the-dark-tower-sequel/