General Movie Thread

Jimmy

3 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Basically the Betty crew = the Serenity crew and Firefly is "the further adventures of Cal, Johner and the rest". As I said, Firefly fans have gone through it in plenty more detail then I am able to.

But I'm a Firefly fan and I still don't get it :( 

I haven't even watched that movie or show and I'm still getting it. How are you not? The work and world building on that Alien movie lead to the creation of Firefly. Are you wanting specific connections or something?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MDK said:

But I'm a Firefly fan and I still don't get it :( 

Basically there was a wacky ensemble cast in space. So also Star Wars was the pilot for both these films/shows, Guardians of the Galaxy and Red Dwarf. Or summink.

Edited by Colly

11 hours ago, =BK= said:

I haven't even watched that movie or show and I'm still getting it. How are you not? The work and world building on that Alien movie lead to the creation of Firefly. Are you wanting specific connections or something?

Sort of. Firefly is a Space Western and Resurrection isn't...

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

Basically there was a wacky ensemble cast in space. So also Star Wars was the pilot for both these films/shows, Guardians of the Galaxy and Red Dwarf. Or summink.

...and this is basically what I am coming up with

Random question here: 

What is the best/most correct description of a group of a six films? hexad, sextet, hexalogy, sextology or something else? 

2 hours ago, DFF said:

Random question here: 

What is the best/most correct description of a group of a six films? hexad, sextet, hexalogy, sextology or something else? 

Believe it would be a hexalogy, that's usually used for novels I think but guess it would qualify into film as well.

So I'm watching the Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser again. I completely forgot just how much fun those movies were. Why did it take them so long to make a sequel? It took them 7 years to make another one. And why didn't they make another one after that? The first 2 movies were very successful. And eventhough the 3rd one was panned by critics it made about as much money as the first two did. So why did it take them so long to make another one of these?

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 2

I kind of want this to be good, but I expect it to be bad. But it's got Jason Mantzoukas! And Nick Kroll! And Rob Huebel! And Sam Richardson! I want it to be good for them.

• 2 weeks later...