Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

General Movie Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, livid said:

Now this I cannot wait for!

Holy shit, you can say that again. I just finished reading Jeff Guinn's book on Manson and I had zero clue what this movie was about - it seems like they're just tying in some fictional characters in to replace Dennis Wilson and his posse in a sense? Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I need to know any vague continuity to watch Mission Impossible Fallout? It's on Sky and have heard good things, but I think I've only seen the first two. Apparently Ghost Protocol is appearing on Netflix soon so I might watch that first if it's worth watching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colly said:

Do I need to know any vague continuity to watch Mission Impossible Fallout? It's on Sky and have heard good things, but I think I've only seen the first two. Apparently Ghost Protocol is appearing on Netflix soon so I might watch that first if it's worth watching?

I would definitely suggest all the ones you haven't seen as they're all really good but to watch Fallout the one you'd need to watch the most is Rogue Nation since that pretty much leads right into Fallout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to see RLM do a Re:View of The Warriors.  LOVE this movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst A Quiet Place was a nice film in terms of cinematography, it had an unforgiveably absurdly flawed plot and I don't know how it got so many plaudits and is somehow getting a sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Whilst A Quiet Place was a nice film in terms of cinematography, it had an unforgiveably absurdly flawed plot and I don't know how it got so many plaudits and is somehow getting a sequel.

I watched this a week or so ago, and yeah it honestly didn't seem that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a monster film with a unique gimmick. It was great for what it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like that one would be better in a theater with a bunch of people, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there's going to be another Jumanji movie? I'm definitely going to see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that trailer has me interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, JMarushin said:

Brightburn looks pretty friggin awesome - but also, it's basically the plot of DBZ if Goku didn't bump his head  It's  

You dig too deep. It's  Superman. Down to the origin and powers and it being shot like Man of Steel.

 

As for what I came here for.

Lion-King-Posters.jpg?itok=d2URsITr

I just saw my first bit of the new Lion King footage. It looks amazing but Scar being real colored is going to take some getting used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ridiculous how excited I am for that movie. However, Chiwetel Ejiofor does a very, very bad Be Prepared :( Maybe it's just different, or maybe I just love the original so damn much.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just come across some Terminator: Dark Fate footage from Comic Con. It looks rubbish, to be honest. I wasn't expecting anything of the calibre of the first two films, but James Cameron's influence ought to be worth more than it currently seems to be. I then saw that people are getting up in arms because it has women in it, so we'll have that to look forward to as well.

I really liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. They should bring that back.

Also, we don't have a "hot takes" thread for films, but here's mine: I think the original Terminator film was slightly better than the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cats movie looks like they made it using really shitty deepfake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's what TS Eliot would've wanted.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Danger Zone plays softly in the breeze*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The Cats movie looks like they made it using really shitty deepfake

I feel like its going to look especially awful in a few years time as the technology advances but I'm way more excited about this/like the look of this use of CGI as opposed to the photo-realistic look of the new Lion King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I've just come across some Terminator: Dark Fate footage from Comic Con. It looks rubbish, to be honest. I wasn't expecting anything of the calibre of the first two films, but James Cameron's influence ought to be worth more than it currently seems to be. I then saw that people are getting up in arms because it has women in it, so we'll have that to look forward to as well.

I really liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. They should bring that back.

Also, we don't have a "hot takes" thread for films, but here's mine: I think the original Terminator film was slightly better than the second.

Did these people ignore the reality that the first two (and therefore only good) Terminator films were primarily centred around a strong, bad ass woman?

I saw that Cameron said Edward Furlong would be back as John Connor in this, which is bizarre.

Also, the original Terminator film is better than T2. Both are magnificent but The Terminator is pretty much perfect in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rum tum tugger

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

I feel like its going to look especially awful in a few years time as the technology advances but I'm way more excited about this/like the look of this use of CGI as opposed to the photo-realistic look of the new Lion King

I watched a little bit of that movie at work tonight and watching John Oliver's voice come out of the beak of a photorealistic, dead-eyed CGI bird is deeply unsettling.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I watched a little bit of that movie at work tonight and watching John Oliver's voice come out of the beak of a photorealistic, dead-eyed CGI bird is deeply unsettling.

Super disappointed this isnt real:

https://entertainment.theonion.com/john-oliver-annoyed-after-discovering-he-the-only-non-c-1836485448

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy