General Movie Thread

Jimmy

IIRC the last one ended with him going off to give his creators a piece of his mind. From what I've gathered from the trailers is that didn't go too well and he's got to help destroy Earth to bring back Cybertron. I have no idea where the alternative history stuff comes in but I'm sure it'll be explained in a very sensible and "I guess that makes sense..." way.

On 20 June 2017 at 07:46, The Chiksrara Special said:

So I know I shouldn't dig too much into the story of Transformers but is the story of the new one basically just "Prime is a dick now"?

I thought the story was "Prime has a sword" now?

I'm gonna watch it, but I don't think it's gonna be very good.

Also....casting non-Japanese characters with Japanese names seems silly. Although I do love Willem Defoe as Ryuk.

The original Jumanji legit scared the crap out of me. The hunter guy and the kid getting stuck in the car specifically. And then I loved anything Robin Williams as a kid. 

This new Jumanji does not seem to have any of the charm or mystique of the first movie.

• Like 2

I bought the Lego Batman Movie on Blu-ray and watched the movie for the first time today. It's awesome! And they actually got Billy Dee Williams, who played Harvey Dent in the 1989 movie, who was supposed to be turned into Two-Face in Batman Returns before they cut his character entirely and who ended up being replaced by Tommy Lee Jones when they finally brought Two-Face back for Batman Forever, to voice Two-Face in this movie and even modelled the character after him. It's just a small part in the movie but still awesome that someone remembered him. 

• Like 3

I watched that film last weekend and i was legit impressed by how sharp the humor was in general, and how they managed to put it front and center without detracting from it being a kids film either.

And it really poked fun with all eras of Batman, in a way that all parents watching along would have a blast alongside their kids.

I honestly feel it blew the lego movie out or the water. And it was a more entertaining Batman than anything DC themselvea have churned out in the past few years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

So any tips on how to enjoy Steven Seagal films? I am trying to get the same amount of enjoyment out of his films as I did with Van Damme but so far no luck :(

Probably to use the DVD's as coffee coasters. 

• Like 8

Seagal doesn't have even an eighth of the charm that Van Damme does. Myke's suggestion is probably the best way. Seagal's insufferable as an actor and, apparently, as a person as well. 

The only time Seagal ever got a laugh out of me was at the very end in Machete when he gets stabbed with a Machete by Danny Trejo's character. With the machete in sticking out of his belly he says that this is nothing and that he still could kill Trejo very easily. But he knows that Trejo would be waiting for him in hell so he pushes the machete further into his stomach to die. Knowing how little self-awareness Seagal has he probably genuinely thought that this was a bad-ass moment for his character and didn't get the joke. Which makes it even more hilarious.

I wonder how they got him to not only play the bad guy but also to die in the end. He is known for not wanting his characters to die in his movies.

Edited by Hellraiser

3 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I wonder how they got him to not only play the bad guy but also to die in the end. He is known for not wanting his characters to die in his movies.

A wad of cash, I would presume. The film had 10.5M budget, I wouldn't be shocked if half of it went to Seagal alone.