General Movie Thread

Jimmy

9 hours ago, Joshu Picchu said:

I've been watching through a bunch of slasher and schlock 80s horror movies. I just watched Sleepaway Camp.

I - I can't decide if it was the worst or the best. M-Maybe best? I . . . Huh.

There's a How Did This Get Made episode for that movie which is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

Thanks! It's a good listen so far.

And the more I think about it, this is my favorite slasher movie. Yes, it's poorly made in many ways, but I can actually get behind some things it says and it is UNDENIABLY fascinating.

I really want to see all of these. I'm really interested in The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Yorgos Lanthimos films are so strange but really interesting and captivating and unsettling.

Also, how annoying are those five second trailers for the trailer at the start of them now? Like, I already clicked on it, you don't need to convince me to stick around to watch it a second in to the fucking thing.

Is "The Goofy Movie" the last theatrical thing Disney has done around d Mickey, Donald or Goofy?

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Fuuuuuck. Manchester by the Sea

Fuck. So good, but man, it's so sad. The banter between the kid and his uncle is so good though.

I can't bring myself to watch that because Casey Affleck.

45 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Terrible, I was scared shitless 60% of the time.

Hide contents

That fucking doll was everywhere.

Did you notice that there were like 21093812903821093 shots of a door? I didn't find it scary at all. Maybe I watch too much horror. I did like it though!

Last time I got creeped out a bit was with the Exorcist (The one you never seen before version or something) and I got glimpses of that demon face that they put in for 1/8 of a second each time. I thought I was going mental. :P 

Netflix removing "A Nightmare on Elm Street" in September is disappointing. You'd think they'd try to hold on to that till after October. Guess I'm gonna watch it tonight after I watch Batman and Harley Quinn.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I'm excited for a movie about making a movie, based on a book about making a movie, based on a bad movie