General Movie Thread

Jimmy

It just seems way over the top to me. Like it should be the plot of a new Expendables movie and not a sequel to Sicario.

And the trailer makes it look like it is going to be another dumb action movie instead of the well-crafter thriller that the first movie was. Plus Denis Villeneuve isn't coming back to direct it. I don't expect much from it.

Edited by Hellraiser

I don't really get how you can see that trailer and read "dumb action movie". More action? Yeah maybe but nothing about it seemed "dumb" in the vein of the Expendables, etc. I have faith because it's still being written by Taylor Sheridan and thus far, anything he's written has been great. 

The real loss is Roger Deakins anyways.

I'm not sure that synopsis on Wikipedia is 100% accurate though either because the trailer indicates the CIA would like to classify the cartels as terrorists and not outright that they're smuggling terrorists around. 

Edited by livid

When did Dave Bautista become a half decent actor? I know he was only in Blade Runner for a small part but he was very good. And that other little low budget film he was in he was pretty good. Maybe I'm just comparing him to other wrasslin actors.

Just now, Benjamin said:

@MDK you mean Bushwick? That wasn't bad, right? I liked it.

I thought Bushwick was excellent. Just the kind of film I like. And I thought Big Dave was good with what he was given. Oh, and the soundtrack was banging thanks to Aesop Rock.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Yeah, the soundtrack was definitely the best part, really well done by Aesop Rock. The film itself was good but the plot was a little bit of a fart, and that felt really flat to me.

I have a penchant for low budget war films.

On 3/16/2017 at 03:04, =BK= said:

Shin Godzilla was amazing. It felt like a horror movie at points. Godzilla was legitimately terrifying.

I watched parts of this again btw. Still amazing. And creepy. Too bad the American studio has all Godzilla rights untill after 2020.

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

Definitely the first time in my life "Godzilla destroys Tokyo" was actually frightening and not more or less a pop culture punchline.

Yesssssss. The movie made Godzilla terrifying. Like a monster. I feel like most of the hate the movie gets comes from people that just wanna see two giant beasts fight instead of the actuality of a giant monster emerging from the sea.

On 29/12/2017 at 11:18, Jerichristmas said:

That Bushwick actually sounds pretty good, is it online to watch anywhere?

Oh shit it's actually on Netflix :o

Surprisingly good. I like a low budget film and I thought it delivered. Good turn by Big Dave as well and the soundtrack is out of this world.