General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Just going on first impressions, Garfield doesn't look like a peter parker as much as Toby did(however I'm sure once I see the movie, I'm sure he'll grow on me). I love web shooters vs organics. I'm glad they didn't cheap out and do another GG story(the lizard is a great spidey villain). It bothers me that Curt Connors is supposed to be a jerk( Captain Stacey is supposed to be a jerk to, right? That doesn't really bother me as I've not read many stories.with him in it)

Just going on first impressions, Garfield doesn't look like a peter parker as much as Toby did(however I'm sure once I see the movie, I'm sure he'll grow on me).

Actually, neither of them do.

ultimate-spider-man_510_0.jpg

Not to be a dick, but is this really the thread for spoilers? I avoid any Spiderman threads for this reason.

Watched The Matrix again, the original. It's lost a bit of it's magic for me, which is a shame. Maybe I've played it to death, although it IS still a hell of a lot better than the following two. Was tempted to watch all three beforehand, don't think that's going to happen now. Still, something like a 7.5/10 would probably fit. It's still a good film and anyone that hasn't seen it, should probably get around to seeing it.

• Like 1

Just going on first impressions, Garfield doesn't look like a peter parker as much as Toby did(however I'm sure once I see the movie, I'm sure he'll grow on me). I love web shooters vs organics. I'm glad they didn't cheap out and do another GG story(the lizard is a great spidey villain). It bothers me that Curt Connors is supposed to be a jerk( Captain Stacey is supposed to be a jerk to, right? That doesn't really bother me as I've not read many stories.with him in it)

Connors is played as a man that loses his way. He's not a jerk the entire time, it's fairly faithful to Ultimate Connors. And are you kidding me!?

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_8_page_09_Peter_Parker_(Earth-1610).jpg

Garfield is a dead ringer for Spidey.

Well I wouldn't know much about Ultimate Connors but I suppose that Ultimate stuff is what's cool these days, so I guess I can understand catering to that audience.

I'm not even sure I meant actual likeness, just kind of that I look at Tobey and I got that essence of the nerdy loner and I bought into that he was Peter Parker but I look at Garfield and I dunno what it is but I'm just not convinced. However it took me actually seeing Daniel Craig as Bond to realise that he was good and maybe once I see this movie, I'll buy into him as Peter Parker to.

Edit:-No I didn't mean Daniel Craig as Peter Parker. dry.gif

Sorry to double post but I recall an earlier disagreement on whether this movie was popular critically or not(with someone saying he'd seen a number of postive reveiws and someone else saying the opposite).

Granted Wiki isn't always the most reliable source but I did see this

The critical reaction to the film was generally favorable with the consensus that Webb and the cast deliver thrills despite having similar elements to the 2002 Spider-Man film

The Critical reaction section of the wiki page seems to do a good job of coming up with a decent amount of critics who liked the movie(and natuarlly a few that didn't for the balance's sake I guess).

Nope, gives me numerous different critics, different links and then, sometimes, reviews that I can click on from different websites. That and I see it gave Katy Perry's documentary 75%, 1% more than Spiderman.

So, thanks for everything, but I'll stick to places where Katy Perry isn't more highly regarded than Spiderman.

You do realize that what you just described also describes Rotten Tomatoes right?

And it didn't "give" Katy Perry a 75%, that's the percentage of reviews that were favorable, not the actual rating.

• Like 2

You do realize that what you just described also describes Rotten Tomatoes right?

And it didn't "give" Katy Perry a 75%, that's the percentage of reviews that were favorable, not the actual rating.

Does Rotten Tomatoes give me a blowjob whilst it does all those things that wiki already does for me?

Aye, I check Wiki and if it's not on there then I go to RT. That's only after I've seen the film though - I don't like going into films thinking they will be awesome, because I'll naturally be disappointed, or shit, because I'll spend the whole film picking up on anything that isn't perfect.

Does Rotten Tomatoes give me a blowjob whilst it does all those things that wiki already does for me?

How else did you think Katy Perry got so many favorable reviews?

• Like 1

How else did you think Katy Perry got so many favorable reviews?

Okay, Fuck wiki. Where do I sign up?

So Godzilla is being remade again. This time with the guy behind Monsters. It basically sounds like what Monsters would be if he'd had the funds to make it feature monsters.

I guess I'm kind of interested. It's kind of hard to be interested because you're watching for Godzilla and that makes it hard to care about characters that aren't Godzilla. I mean King Kong did a pretty good job of it, but with all due respect to the guy, from what I've seen he's certainly no Peter Jackson.

The lack of monsters led us to have to care for two people that have absolutely no chemistry. So I really didn't give a shit about them at all, and it left me incredibly underwhelmed.