Cricket!

nabeel

Once more, for those of us who don't speak retarded?

The most approximate translation I can muster is that we lost the third test because I talked smack during the second test?

You were there, You jinxed it.

That said, Big Bash League starts this weekend and I'm just waiting for your first Brad Hogg = Victory taunt of the season. (Y)

Cook run out for 190 is bizzare circumstances.

He was close to his crease but failed to ground his bat. He then moved out of the way of a throw coming in and the ball hit the stumps. He still hadn't grounded his bat so Cook had no choice but to walk.

Great knock though, England are 453-6, with a lead of 137.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredibly sad to hear that Tony Greig passed away today from a heart attack. I don't normally take celebrity deaths to heart, but feeling incredibly flat about this. Greigy was a huge part of my childhood and has basically been a fixture of my summers for all of my cricket watching life. It is really a bit of a shock that it came so quickly after the announcement of his lung cancer earlier in the summer, and I don't think cricket watching will ever be the same without Tony and Bill in the box together. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The results of the inquest into the death of Tom Maynard are in;

- Driving whilst four times over the limit
- Had cocaine in his system
- Had ecstacy in his system. His hair folicles also showed signifcant use of both drugs over the past three months. It may also explain why he felt the best thing to do was run away from the police and escape on a live underground track.

I'm not saying he deserved it, but it's better than him killing someone innocent in that situation.

• 2 weeks later...