Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Cricket!

England suck and we won in three days. Cricket's really taking that "10 year challenge" thing to the next level 😕

Was watching the cricket last night and one of the umpires was wearing something on his arm but the other one didn’t, and it’s been bugging me. Does anyone know what on earth this thing is? 

Asking EWB, I expect plenty of tom-foolery however I hope one factual explanation will slip through the net. <_<

7410B3E1-4817-4979-8C49-F794195E96F1.jpeg

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I would imagine that it's so he can protect himself when a sloggy batsman tonks one straight down the ground.

I was thinking it was this, but the other umpire didn't have one and it looked as though he was writing or doing something the other side of it. 

The Windies look very dangerous if the pitch conditions suit them, I still think their batting has a possibility to implode though.

Very professional job from England yesterday, hell of a catch from Stokes, even if it was only that difficult because he was horribly out of position :shifty:

19 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The Windies look very dangerous if the pitch conditions suit them, I still think their batting has a possibility to implode though.

Very professional job from England yesterday, hell of a catch from Stokes, even if it was only that difficult because he was horribly out of position :shifty:

Old man Gayle didn't look in great shape towards the end there.

He's never been the most mobile, but yeah nowadays he's just there to swing as hard as he can.

The bizarre thing about this tournament is that despite (stupidly) removing four associate nation teams from the competition the tournament is somehow four days longer than the last one.

South Africa making hard work of Bangladesh here. Upset on the cards?

Yup. South Africa seem to be in a tailspin at the moment, their batting looks flimsy after de Kock and their bowlers don't look remotely suited for English conditions.

England/Pakistan today, I would be horribly disappointed if this isn't a convincing England win.

I think I'm going to be horribly disappointed.

Afghanistan are doing well against Sri Lanka! After the latter started strongly, they are now 159-6! 

I can only imagine how the Afghanistan and Sri Lanka players are feeling whilst playing cricket in the 10-12 degree drizzle/rain of a June day in Cardiff.

From 144-1 to 201 all out! 

Much better performance today from England. Roy gets 153, Stokes and Archer take three wickets each, England win by 100+ runs.

In 14 games we have now hit five instances of the ball hitting the stumps and the bails not coming off, which is insane.

Worst of all, one of those times was David Warner.