Cricket!

nabeel

• 3 weeks later...

Bell needs dropping, one half decent knock every series and then completely failing every other innings is not good enough for a number 3 batsman. Alex Hales should have been opening against Pakistan too, instead he's in the same position that Lyth was in during the summer, thrown in at the deep end after being dragged on tour but not allowed any game time to keep him sharp.

• 1 month later...

The Big Bash is still the best competition in the world and today showed just why, the Adelaide Strikers needed 51 to win off the last three overs, so Travis Head decided to just hit every single one of them himself with 52 off the next 15 balls and bringing up his century off 59 balls with a six which also won the game. Incredible stuff.

• Like 1

And that off the back of (from what I understand) is the highest successful chase with all ten wickets intact by my Perth Scorchers. I think the English competition is starting to surge in my interests, but I agree that the BBL is the best t20 comp in the world. Obviously I'm a little biased though >_<

A lot of that is down to how it's organised, packaged and provided for the fans. Prices are good, times are good and it's short and sweet with great TV coverage too.

England's takes too long, is a little too expensive and get next to no decent coverage on the TV or in the press. Part of the issue is probably the number of county teams we have but if we started rejigging for specific T20 teams then Kent would lose out and we'd have to travel to London for a team. Screw that for a laugh.

Oh the IPL is complete and utter corrupt garbage.

I love the BBL because it keeps the format so simple, 8 teams, it lasts five weeks with one game every day or so, making keeping up with who's doing well much easier. The T20 Blast lasted four months with games mainly on Fridays, 18 teams in total making 9 games on the same day, and a Finals day on a Saturday in August when a significant amount of people who like cricket are in fact playing cricket.

We need franchises in England but it will never happen until the concerns over who loses out on money go away. So, never.

• Like 1

The praise for this kid is complete garbage, and I feel sorry for the guy because he's going to be put on a pedestal by Indian cricket fans as the new almighty hero like Tendulkar because of this innings.

There was someone on Twitter who pointed out that his 1009 against 11 year olds was twice as much as Brian Lara's 501 against Durham, therefore he's twice as good as Lara. This is the sort of thing we're dealing with here.