The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

I'm a big Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, and I loved the first series. Apparently this video was released during the Comic Con and it looks amazing. The world is deeply changed, the fight scenes look awesome, and Korra looks badass. I'll definitely watch it. What are your thoughts on this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title change is bullshit (should be "Avatar: The Legend of Korra") but that's nitpicking. It looks really good! I'm really curious about the stylistic Roaring '20s but in Steampunk China thing, and I bet the writing will be tremendous. The cast they've announced thusfar is awesome and eclectic, too, so I've got high hopes.

I agree about the title change. Korra is the Avatar, the title hasn't changed in the series, and she isn't an Airbender, she's a Waterbender. I'm guessing they just did that because nowadays, when people mention Avatar, what comes to mind is the blue furry fetish fuel, and not this series.

As for the voice acting, I admit I hadn't checked out who the voice actors were, but any series with J.K. Simmons, Lance Henriksen and Johnny Gat (Daniel Dae Kim) is awesome in my book. I'm curious to see what kind of character Simmons will play, though. Thanks to the Spider-Man movies, I can't imagine him being anything else than Jonah Jameson. (As an aside note, I was checking his filmography on IMDB and he's playing Jameson on the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man series as well. Dunno if it's any good, but they really couldn't have chosen a better Jameson.)

Blah, the name change is bothersome but I'm just going to call it "Avatar: Legend of Korra" regardless so whatever. I sincerely cannot wait for this, though what disappointed me was thinking it'd be out in November and finding out it'll actually be out next year. Am almost positive it'll be worth the wait, but damn it, I don't want to wait :(

Trailer filled me with confidence in this, too. Will be interesting to see how a character like how Korra seems will deal with an anti-bender uprising, nevermind everything else. Can't wait to see Aang as a spirit Avatar, too, and I really hope the rumors that his and Katara's grandson is her airbending teacher are true, because that'd prove to be an interesting touch if done right. All in all I really can't wait to see how the world made by the ending of the third book turned out after all that time. Very excited that they're continuing the series.

• 4 months later...

I loved watching Avatar when it was out, but sadly missed on the 3rd-4th? seasons. The 2nd season was good from what I saw, but only from what I managed to pick up as I missed nearly half of that season. I was thinking that this was a movie, but considering it's a new series, I'm going to have to catch up on the entire show again in time to watch this. :D

Did my marathon speed through of seasons 1-3 this past weekend. Amazing show. Pretty much every character was interesting and had a great or fun personality, and the whole story was just amazing. Fucking love Toph, and Azula in the season 3 finale was great. Sadly the live action movie failed to deliver on any of the potential it had going into the project, but that's for another day.

Very much looking forward to this new series/season. I really hope they do more, because it was an amazing show. If not that, do some animated feature length movies. I really think this series works better as an animated form of media rather than live action, because it can be harder to capture the charm the show brings in a live action setting (not impossible, mind you).

I'm going to be incredibly sad if we dont at least get some flashbacks of Aang, Katara, Sokka, Zuko, Toph, Iroh, etc, because I love them. It'll be weird having pretty much a whole new cast, but at the least we should get an Aang spirit Avatar scene or two like someone said. I'll just really miss Toph because she was so badass and hilarious.

• 1 month later...
Clips from the first episode of Korra have leaked! WARNING: There's a huge spoiler in terms of who's still alive from The Last Airbender in the third and fourth clip. I love the shift in animation style, very clear Cowboy Bebop influence for this series.

Clips from the first episode of Korra have leaked! WARNING: There's a huge spoiler in terms of who's still alive from The Last Airbender in the third and fourth clip. I love the shift in animation style, very clear Cowboy Bebop influence for this series.

...what?

Ok, maybe I need to go watch The Last Airbender.

• 1 month later...

It does. First season isn't great, though it ends really strong and has some really cool shit along the way (the stuff in the spirit world is fantastic), though it also has some pointlessly bad ones (I'm pretty sure you can skip "The Great Divide" outright).

Season two gets really great, and season three is amazing (more so for the finale). I thought season one was really good, though. There's some filler episodes along the way, but I never really feel like they're filler for the most part. Like GoGo said, The Great Divide you could skip without missing out on anything.

Seriously cannot wait for Korra to debut. I want them to give an actual date rather than just saying 'soon' though.