It Takes Two, Baby, It Takes Two

SeanDMan

Just

If someone came to me and said "I've heard about this band Radiohead, but I dunno where to start", I'd probably point them to Just. For one, it's accessible; it's guitars, drums, understandable lyrics, all tied together in a rock song motif. It's not going to scare them or confuse them (unless they watch the video and want to know what he said >_>). Plus, it's GoGo's favourite Radiohead song and I can't think of a better recommendation than that.

My favourite Radiohead song also. Just really good, accessible....one of my personal favourite songs. Good choice.

I think my favorite song from "Hail to the Thief" is "Go To Sleep (Little Man Being Erased)".

Go To Sleep is great as well, probably top five on that album (There There, Sail To The Moon, 2+2=5, and Where I End And You Begin are up there too).

"Everything In It's Right Place" or "How To Disappear Completely" are my favorites from "Kid A".

How To Dissapear Completely is amazing, but I definitely consider it mood music, because it tends to meander a bit in it's instrumentation. But still, it's amazing.

If I'm introducing someone to Radiohead, "Everything In It's Right Place" is definitely the #1 song I make them listen to, I think it's completely accessible. Most people I know that aren't really into them really dig this song more than any other, actually.

I think it really depends, I usually pick Just because most people I know are rock music fans. But my cousin likes electronica, so I went with Everything In It's Right Place, Idioteque, and

as introductions. Plus, there was the aforementioned woman I introduced to Reckoner, among other things.

It mainly depends on what they already like, because Radiohead's song listing is so diverse, you can generally find something akin to what they already like and expand from there.

I still like "Creep" a lot, though. I know it's overplayed as FUCK, and it's bland to all of us, but god... those riffs. Still sound harsh and abrasive all these years later in 2011.

I don't like Creep because when I heard it when it was new it seemed like they were just trying to be a bland Nirvana cover band. I also dislike that it's one of the only songs they ever play on the radio, because I really don't think it's that good. If we're picking a Radiohead song with sick riffs, I'd rather listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQw-RgcwwI, which has great percussion as well. Even though it's a douchey, record label boner inducing song, it's still a little catchy, whereas I just find Creep, as mentioned, bland.

Conceded. I see yr point there.

Also smoking is bad for you. >_>

Anyway, more list coming.

220px-Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.jpg

Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette

So, I mentioned my CD playing philosophy changed after eventual regret over this album. While this album is not the only one (there's another one, and it's next) that I would eventually come to regret buying, this was the main one. I heard one of the singles and thought "Wow, that's really powerful and awesome, I should buy that CD" so the next time I got paid, I did, and... really, all I liked was that one single. This album spawned 6 singles (almost Celine Dion like in it's excess) but really only one of them was good, another one was okay, and the rest were pretty forgettable.

So, after this CD was bought, I started paying more attention to things like the internet in order to research things I was buying. If I heard a single on the radio, I'd download a couple of tracks, and if most of them were shit, I'd leave it at that, but if I heard another really good or really catchy song, I'd probably buy the album. I eventually donated this album to my parents because it was far too much chick angst for me to listen to repeatedly, despite how much I might like that one song.

Anyway, this isn't "Sean's one song" thread, it's my two song thread, so let's go with two songs!

You Oughta Know

This is probably the first song on the radio that I can say had a political effect on me. I hadn't listened to a lot of political or intellectual rock from the 80s since, well, I was barely alive, but when this song popped up in 1995 I was sort of blown away. Here was a woman, who had been betrayed and abandoned, who wasn't afraid to stand up and say "HEY MAN FUCK YOU", and I thought that was really awesome.

It was probably my first introduction to feminism if you want to say that in that before that I'd never really given two shits about concepts of infidelity and faithfullnes and such, but hearing this song really put me on the other foot and I felt like I knew what it was like to be treated as irrelevant, which sort of opened my eyes to another side of humanity. This is maybe a little too deep, so I'll also say; good riffs and harsh lyrics. It's a good song, but, yeah, not exactly as awesome as I thought it was at the time with my $15.

Ironic

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning dissimulation or feigned ignorance) is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions. Ironic statements (verbal irony) typically imply a meaning in opposition to their literal meaning. A situation is often said to be ironic (situational irony) if the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended. The discordance of verbal irony is created as a means of communication (as in art or rhetoric). Descriptions or depictions of situational ironies, whether in fiction or in non-fiction, serve a communicative function of sharpening or highlighting certain discordant features of reality.

This song is great, despite what people might say. If you're ever spent any time on a big discussion board (like a Reddit or a 4chan), you'll see someone say "Isn't it ironic" and then one of three things will happen; either someone will continue the lyric chain to complete the song, someone will launch into a tirade about how the song isn't displaying irony at all but instead simple coincidence, or better, both will happen at the same time. I've seen it several times and flipping from one to the other is quite amusing.

Of course, the song does have some examples of situational irony but a lot of them are just simple coincidences. Of course, there is something hillarious about someone making a song called Ironic that doesn't effectively demonstrate irony and yet still comes to become a commonly held definition of the word. Also, this song is funny because when she holds the word "rain" her voice warbles, and listening to the song on the radio in a car can sometimes make it sound like she's singing "it's like radiation on your wedding day", which would be a lot worse than a little bit of rain.

Don't you think?

220px-No_Doubt_-_Tragic_Kingdom.jpg

Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt

Oh, 1995 SDM, you were such a pussy. This album actually wasn't all that bad, although it apparently spawned 7 fucking singles which again is so weird because 5 singles off the same album feels like a lot to me, but several of the singles off this album are sort of not that great. Hamster likes Excuse Me Mr but yeah I think he's a bit weird. The album also opens with 4 straight singles which, again, seems a bit weird. Nevertheless, as a teenager without any real introduction to punk or reggae this album was pretty cool as something of a gateway drug, but it's aged, quite a bit.

Also:

G: If I had written about Gwen Stefani it would be about how unfortunate pretty much everything she did in the '00s was.

SDM: Well, give them credit for branching out.

G: I only give credit if it pays off.

Harsh, but true; Gwen Stefani went from being an exciting, intelligent song writer to... uh, what she is now. She can still write a catchy hook, but, yeah, so much promise, so little return. She's still hot as fuck though.

Anyway, the music!

Spiderwebs

Remember what I said before about modern rock including brass? Hey, there's a horn! Electric guitar! What's that thing on her forehead for? Who cares! This song is groovy as shit, and really easy to dance and sway to...

And then you listen to the lyrics. Oh, hey, she's being stalked by a dude. That's no fun. But I don't understand! They seem so funky, and so happy, and that black dude was grinning like someone was deepthroating him, yet he calls her and wakes her up when she sleeps and she can't enjoy that? It's dicotomy, man. It's fun AND terrifying, it's like being tortured to death with tickles, you can't stop laughing even as your organs start shooting out as bloody coughs from your throat. You can't help but like it and dance along even when in actuality you should be trying to find the woman a support network.

Don't Speak

There's a term related to artistic ventures; music, literature, movies, whatnot... called "shot your wad". It's when someone pours their heart and soul into one effort, and it's amazing, it's everything you ever wanted it to be... and then you want more. The problem being the other old quote about music: You have your entire life to write your first album and then four months to write your next one. (I don't remember who said that, but it's my favourite music quote behind "Producing an album is like taking a long, painful shit, but man it feels good when it's out there"). I think No Doubt were kind of like that; this album was their first with Gwen Stefani doing a lot of the writing, and some of her stuff was just WHAM, awesome, and then they let her do more and more and it became sort of obvious that she'd used most of her best material right away and was sort of scraping for ideas as she came out with the next ones. It eventually led to B-A-N-A-N-A-S and nobody would have been shocked at that point if she'd had a brainfart and died. -_-

This song, though, wow. If you were in high school in the mid ninties you probably listened to this song for a few weeks straight while nursing self loathing over a really bad breakup. No, that was just me? Well whatever, fuck you then. IT HURT. I FUCKING LOVED THAT GIRL, man. Either way, this is obviously a really personal song (probably my second favourite "Sorry, but we can't be friends anymore" song behind "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"), and one of my favourites that's specifically about a break up. And, even though the lyrics are sad and down, the instrumentation has up tempo spots that almost makes it seem like it would work with totally different contextualization. It's a good song, and in the mid 1990s, it was badass.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, anyway. >_> Up next, we go back to artists whose entire discography I own, because fuck one shots.

Like I said on gchat with you, No Doubt was like... they're not on my 100 (omg spoiler) and they should have been. I'll probably do a brief "unfortunate omissions" list or something.

This entire concept is great (I agree with Tristy that it's honestly better than the top 100s), and the fact that your writing in service of the concept is way better than what any of us are writing is icing on the cake.

Also, this song is funny because when she holds the word "rain" her voice warbles, and listening to the song on the radio in a car can sometimes make it sound like she's singing "it's like radiation on your wedding day", which would be a lot worse than a little bit of rain.

Not unless it gives everybody there superpowers. Also, I'm totally hijacking this thread in a bit to do my own, because there's no way I've got the wherewithal to keep it up enough to have my own thread, but want to do some entries anyway.

Lastoftheghetto.jpg

Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts - Matthew Good band

For full disclosure, I didn't buy this album in 1995 (was too busy buying Alanis >_>) but picked it up around 2001ish, and promptly managed to trash it along with most of my Matt Good collection by doing extensive road trips with a diskman and bad anti-skip technology. I own two copies of the Audio Of Being and two copies of Avalanche for this reason; one has deep dark scratches and one is pure and virgin. I like to think of the scratched ones as the vinyl versions. >_>

So, what can I say about this album? It's not that great, really; it's the bridge between folky Matt Good (some of which is great) and rockstar Matt Good (some of which is greater than great), so it's sort of a filler record not like his old stuff but not enough like his new stuff to get into. The main reason I'm bringing it up and not glossing it over is that the last track is maybe one of the most straightforwardly awesome songs in terms of lyrics and message that I've ever heard, so even if the rest of the record is sort of meh, that one song is easily worth writing this massively long intro alone.

But before that...

Alabama Motel Room

Okay. We had some discussions and debate on the Radiohead posts I made about what the best song to introduce someone to Radiohead would be. There was some good suggestions from both myself and others. But I think I can state this and have no one disagree with me: Alabama Motel Room is not the ideal introduction to Matthew Good. And yet, oddly enough, this was their first single that started to get popular on local rock radio. It's definitely not a song you'd call radio friendly.

If you haven't heard it, or you listened to it and didn't follow the lyrics, here's what it's about: a woman goes out and gets gang raped, ending up traumatized for life (obviously). A friend of hers then proceeds to hunt down the people who did it and tortures them to death, with his only wishes being that they won't ever do anything like that again (likely since he's murdering them) and that both he and the unnamed female victim are able to live with what happened and regain some of their humanity. It's a dark as shit song, with a powerful and personal message, and its a GREAT song, don't get me wrong, but it's not exactly what I'd call single material. And yet, here it is, one of their first popular singles. It's a strange world we live in.

As an aside, this single came out in 1995. By coinicence, Matthew Good and I grew up in the same town. Two years before I left, around Halloween, my friend and I got interviewed by the police asking if we'd heard anything the night before (we hadn't). About ten blocks down, a girl (17) had been gang raped and then held face down and drowned in the river by a group of males her age. She was developmentally disabled, and probably thought they were legitimately her friends. I knew the girl; we went to high school together. She was always smiling. That was 2005, ten years after this song came out.

Fuck people, man.

Omissions Of The Omen

I'm not going to say much about this song; the words really speak for themselves. I think it's one of those songs I'll never get sick of. It's just relevant. It's always relevant. It's over 15 years later and this song is still relevant. It's great.

Next up will be Underdogs, or as the Americans called it, Beautiful Midnight. After that will be Beautiful Midnight, or as the Americans called it, Beau------ -----ight.

Also, I'm totally hijacking this thread in a bit to do my own, because there's no way I've got the wherewithal to keep it up enough to have my own thread, but want to do some entries anyway.

You can only do albums I've already done, however. (for perspective)

Although if you want to do an album I don't have on my list, you can tell me to do it and I might. I might not though if your taste in music sucks, so we'll see. >_>

220px-Matthew_Good_Band_Underdogs.jpg

Underdogs - Matthew Good band

Underdogs. Chances are, if you lived in Vancouver or Toronto during the 1990s, you were either smacked with this or Beautiful Midnight until you learned to love it. I didn't really listen to a lot of the radio, so I didn't pick up Underdogs until after Beautiful Midnight was released two years later. But man, once I had these albums, they got A LOT of play time.

So for people who don't know Matthew Good, I'll give you a brief run down. Matthew Good used to be a mind his own business, happy, isolated folk singer. Then the record industry found out that if you locked him in a room shooting music videos without coffee for a few hours, he got sort of pissed off. They then turned him into a rock star. He's called out pretty much every big Canadian act around (which led to the guitarist from Nickelback suggesting they settle things with a physical fight) for selling out and being horseshit, he's called out the government for being corrupt fucks and assholes, he pretty much trashed everyone. Eventually, him and Dave Genn (also in the Matthew Good Band, he's now in 54-40) just couldn't stand being in the same room and not punching each other and the band destructed, after which Matt had a bad divorce, a near death experience, a commitment to a mental hospital, and several new records where he isn't such a gigantic cunt to everyone around him anymore. Oh, and he wrote a poem called "Paris Hilton's Vagina" too.

As a guy who grew up an angry, isolated teenager in Canada during the 1990s though, having Matt Good out there speaking his mind (sometimes, he admits now, speaking far too much of his mind far too fast) was inspiring. He didn't put a filter on or mince words, he was just straight up. He's relaxed now, and for that matter so have I, but fuck if the late 1990s weren't a fun time to be an asshole.

Everything Is Automatic

This would probably be the introduction to Matthew Good I'd give most people. This song is pretty straight forward rock music, simple short chord hooks, one guitar, one bass, one drummer, and Matt on the lyrics and vocals. The video, too, is great, with banner advertisements such as "Think of the future, plan for disaster" and lyrics like "down a hole up a rope, down some pills up some hope" that are both cute and smart, I think this was a great taste of what was to come from Matt, and a fun video.

That's one thing I could usually count on from Matt Good too, was a great video. He's made one of my favourite videos ever (Oh Be Joyful, but we'll get to that later) and some really eye opening and thought provoking and interesting ones. This one is a pretty simple anti-music video; Matt has stated his disdain for "have the band stand around and play music" music videos, so naturally they took the piss out of this one with absurd outfits that are shiny and bright and the backdrop they used to fake the moon landing. "Everything is skin deep" indeed.

Apparitions

I'm really not that thriled that I can't find the actual music video for this song on Youtube, because it's probably one of the best ones he's done. What's even stupider is that his record company has uploaded the video to Youtube, and I could find it, it's just listed as not being made available and thus won't play. And yet if someone uploads a rip of the video they likely have Youtube take it down on a DMCA complaint. This is why record companies are cunts. (also because after Apparitions, which was an amazing video, they had Matt make the Rico video, cause they're jackasses).

Anyway, ignore Universal Music being douches and let's talk about Apparitions. This, again, was a song that really spoke to me in that time period. I'm sure we've all been in a situation where we feel like we have no traction; like life isn't moving, and things are just going in circles. This song is exactly that, and follows it to it's logical conclusion; suicide. Yeah, another dark as fuck single from Matt Good, joy! This one is very well structured and has some hanging notes that just never seem to stop. It's a fantastic song, I just wish he didn't sign with such a dopey Amish record company who knew how to properly use the internet.

Daft cunts.

220px-Matthewgoodband_beautifulmidnight.png

Beautiful Midnight - Matthew Good band

So like OK Computer and In Rainbows, this one is really, really hard to pare down to just 2 songs. It would have been a lot easier if I used the American release of Beautiful Midnight, because then I could pretend Underdogs didn't happen and use Apparitions. But Underdogs did happen, sadly, and that, too, had more than two good songs on it (I left off Prime Time Deliverance at the last minute because it had actually slipped my mind that Apparitions was on Underdogs and not Beautiful Midnight).

Either way, this album has one absolutely amazing, timeless song that I will love forever and ever, and then a bunch of really good songs. The entire album, start to finish, is great (from the intro, Giant, to the outro, Running For Home, only stopping for a two song lull along the way) and I could easily reccomend four or five or seven tracks, but sticking to the theme, here are 2.

The Future Is X-Rated

This song is called "The Future Is X-Rated", so chances are you have an idea of what to expect. The riffs are simple and fairly short, the backing synth is somewhere between annoying and hypnotizing, but the lyrics are what make the song shine. Good sings absurdities and angrily speaks out the realities ("Power's one of those things that's pointless if you ain't even gonna use it"), espousing his dissatisfaction with the evolution of how we live.

Once again, too, this is a must watch video, which continues along the same line of culture mocking, even stopping mid video to provide an eight hundred number to donate to help make ugly people look better. In the days before PVR and the internet latching onto things like that, slipping in a non-functional eight hundred number as a gag was good for a laugh, but supposedly the number worked when dialed. Whether it made any ugly people look better I can't say for sure.

Suburbia

Suburbia. This is not, unlike the last song, so much a protest against the way society is developing as much as it is against the way people are developing. The first line of the song is "You will come back within yourself", and the rest of the lyrics speak to removing yourself from what is fashionable or what is hip or what is societally acceptable and enjoying things for what they are. Something doesn't have to be cool to enjoy it, something doesn't have to be hip for you to be hip to it.

Society has created preconcieved notions about what is or isn't acceptable, and frankly, it's all fucking bullshit. The unrealistic standards set about by large pharmaceutical companies in order to have you clamoring for their junk drugs and cosmetics has created a world full of fake plastic people where we've started sexualizing people at absurdly young ages because they can win a modelling contest and become an actor, well, you know what, fuck that. There are some people who don't buy into that shit. There are some people who want that world gone. And if you've put all your stock into what is cool and what is hip, when that world of illusions comes crashing down, what will you have?

You'll just have each other.

Unless you let each other slip away in the meantime.

I was wondering when the Matthew Good stuff would start to pop up :P Honestly surprised you didn't kick this thing off with his stuff instead of Radiohead.

But, back to No Doubt... am I the only one that REALLY liked her first solo album? "What You Waiting For?" is a great, great, great single/song. There was a few gems on that CD. Plus she was looking mighty fine in all of the music videos. :wub:

It's catchy and it grows on you, but the same can be said of herpes.

• Like 1

Why, doing multiple albums from one band too much for your poor attention span to handle?

Well, after this I am doing Pink Floyd, who as I mentioned I own an alarmingly small amount of albums from.

I just have... uh... 11 more Matt Good albums to get through.

F24257fpzf2.jpg

The Audio Of Being - Matthew Good band

This is the last of the Matthew Good Band: they split up shortly after the last two songs went onto the album, never toured to support it, and will never get back together. At the time I was really choked, since this was their first album I bought on the day it came out, but Matt's solo stuff moving beyond that has been very good, so I can't really complain. I do hold out hopes for a reunion tour someday; hey, why not, it worked for Waters and Gilmour, it can work for Good and Genn too!

This album is another one where picking the top two tracks was about as difficult as choosing my favourite limb. The album opens with four strong tracks, then has 4 filler tracks and lull, and then closes with another four strong tracks. I also knew no matter what that going into this that one of my favourite songs ever would get left off since both of them are very similar and both equally awesome, so I'll have to relegate

to also ran status, which however for this album is not really a slight on it at all. This is also the era where unreleased B-side All Together surfaced for the first time, and was supposed to be released instead of the (IMO vastly inferior) I, The Throw Away which made the album.

Carmelina

If you know me well, you probably know that my absolutel favourite novel ever is George Orwell's 1984. I always make sure to have a copy nearby; at my apartment I usually use it as my mousepad, and whenever I travel I bring it along in case whatever I'm reading at the time doesn't do it for me (my recent trip to Philly I ended up bringing 3 books and reading none of them - Thanks GoGo's discarded Wired Magazine!). Ignoring all the political elements of the book that are frighteningly accurate, I think the book also paints a disturbing picture of humanity and the duality of a man's soul. American Psycho did this as well. Carmelina is also in this category.

The song (and the absolutely excellent video) is all about being a monster and learning to live with it. It's been said of murder that everytime you take a human life, a part of you dies as well; this is echoed in the lyrics that, though he's become spectacular at what he does, he feels dumb, he feels numb, he feels phased out. Living as a moral abomination and trying to disassociate that aspect of yourself from the rest of your being will, eventually, just lead to a shell devoid of any feeling whatsoever.

Except, of course, for chocolate. Everyone loves chocolate. Even monsters.

Picking between this and Tripoli was really, really hard. I think a large reason why this won out in the end is because it's the last song on the last ever Matthew Good Band album. And it seems really fitting that they went out on this track.

A lot of Matthew Good work up to this point has focused on the grind; Apparitions being "stuck inside your own machine", Everything Is Automatic, Carmelina, The Future Is X-Rated... there are lots of examples of songs where Matt speaks on the dull dregery and monotony and painful purgatory that life is. And this song is sort of the epilogue to that; it's finally time to go, it's time to say "You know what, fuck it. I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not sitting here wasting away. It's time for me to find my own way". It's a song for anyone who wants to just shove their desk over and go do what they really want.

One of my favourite quotes is, "There's no point in living if you can't fell alive".

That's this song.

RIP Matthew Good Band. Long live Matthew Good.

220px-Matthewgood_avalanche.png

Avalanche - Matthew Good

First of the Matthew Good solo albums and one of the few albums so good I've bought it twice. This is also the first CD where I remember being really pissed off at the record company for their stupid DRM restrictions. Namely, if I popped Avalanche into my PC CD tray, I can't just hit play and listen to it with Windows Media Player, no, it installed it's own video player in order to play the songs. Seriously. I thought this was fucking retarded but supposedly it's not that uncommon; I had it happen with a later purchase too. This is why people pirate music, you dumbfucks. -_-

So around the time this album dropped (2003) was the first time I saw Matthew Good live. I went to a show at the Calgary Stampede shortly after a drug overdose where I was very much in withdrawl and deep depression, and after seeing the show, somehow felt better about life and was left in a lot less dark place. Ironically, the show was pretty bad crowd wise, with idiots moshing and crowd surfing to acoustic guitar tracks and I saw a woman after the show caked in her own blood with a terribly broken nose wandering around asking people if they'd seen her purse. Fuck people, man. Oh, coincidentally, after falling in love with a girl and playing "Share all your secrets", I found out coincidentally we had both went to this concert; we both snuck away from work to see it too. I'm probably gonna marry her some day.

This is another album where it's really hard to pick my favourite. Well, no, not exactly; I've actually found that it's usually really easy to pick a favourite, but it's the second track that's impossible. There are a lot of good tracks on this album also (although there is one stinker) and, really, any of the first 9 tracks would be a solid reccomend from me, but I promised two tracks, so two tracks it will be. I will share one more live Matthew Good story though; a few years after seeing him in Calgary I saw him in Edmonton, and having the crowd (probably around 2000) sing along to While We Were Hunting Rabbits is something that still gives me shivers to think about. So, Pyramid Song, Ohne Dich, and While We Were Hunting Rabbits. Good company. On to the two.

Near Fantastica

So remember earlier talking about break up songs? This is Matt Good's breakup song with the Matthew Good Band. Everything that was dark and heavy about the last record just bleeds away with this track. Let's not suggest that this track isn't dark; it is. It's another Matt Good song about how useless life is and how everyone on the Earth is either a fuckwit or getting fucked over by how fucked up things are.

But listen to it! It's so... spacey, and happy! It's been alright! It's been alright! It's been alright! I smile just typing it. This song is great. It's like dying of an LSD overdose while fucking a high class escort girl in a hot tub full of champagne. Sure, you're fucking dead, but what a way to go! Go out with a smile and a raging boner. Either way, this is a song about hopelessness in a sea of hopelessness where everyone just kind of group hugs and goes with it.

Just go with it, man.

Weapon

Wait.

You're asleep.

Wake up.

Weapon is fucking badass.

What you said about Alabama Motel Room being a weird intro to Matt Good, one of the first singles and that, it's actually the first Matt Good song I ever heard, and the one that hooked me on his stuff. It was either you or ApSham that sent me the song, from here. Really good track. I'm not going to comment on all the picks because I don't have time but Apparitions is an awesome video. I don't know if I'd be able to pick between that or Strange Days for my favourite video, but Weapon's videois also really awesome. The DVD from In A Coma that included all the music videos was actually well worth the purchase alone, since Matt has a talent for making really outstanding videos as well as songs. The commentary track is great too, Matt completely forgetting about Rico's video was hilarious.