The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

Reviving this from the depths to post the final roster for the next five games, which includes two World Cup qualifiers so it actually matters who's playing.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Participating in the training camp but not making the final roster are Alfredo Morales (DF Hertha Berlin), Danny Williams (MF Hoffenhiem), Graham Zusi (MF Sporting KC), and Juan Agudelo (FW Chivas USA).

I'm a little surprised at Williams not making the cut, not surprised at anyone else in that group. Really excited to see Donovan and Dempsey on the field at the same time for the first time in a while, as well as Herculez Gomez finally returning to the USMNT after the great season he's had in Mexico.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand Dempsey's injured. Jesus.

Reviving this from the depths to post the final roster for the next five games, which includes two World Cup qualifiers so it actually matters who's playing.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Participating in the training camp but not making the final roster are Alfredo Morales (DF Hertha Berlin), Danny Williams (MF Hoffenhiem), Graham Zusi (MF Sporting KC), and Juan Agudelo (FW Chivas USA).

I'm a little surprised at Williams not making the cut, not surprised at anyone else in that group. Really excited to see Donovan and Dempsey on the field at the same time for the first time in a while, as well as Herculez Gomez finally returning to the USMNT after the great season he's had in Mexico.

I think the deal with Williams is that he had a shoulder injury in late April and isn't fully recovered. Otherwise he'd be on the squad. The others are don't surprise me really.

GK: I'm glad that Guzan is in as the clear #2 and I love the selection of Rimando to round it out. We've got some really good young keepers but we've also got time to work them in. Now isn't that time and I'm glad JK didn't bring one in for shits and giggles this time.

DEF: I'm most looking forward to GOOCH back in form and back to being a bad ass. He's had a great season so I can't wait to see him for us again. Glad Cameron's getting the shot so we can finally see if he's fit for the NT or not. If the "good" Goodson shows up, this back line might actually be a strength instead of just one "oh shit" after another.

MID: Bradley and Jones have had great seasons and should be solid and actually improved since their last time out with the NT. Beckerman might end up being a key player if he slots into that deep lying DM spot like he did last time. Hopefully Corona and Torres continue their upward trend as well.

ATT: Hi Jozy, welcome back. Ditto Hercules. Now, let's get Boyd up to speed quick please. Oh, and Landon ... don't forget how you can play in the US jersey because the LA jersey has been shit for you so far.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand Dempsey's injured. Jesus.

Very much that :angry:

Now isn't that time and I'm glad JK didn't bring one in for shits and giggles this time.

To be honest, after the Olympics qualifiers it'll be a good while before I want to see Bill Hamid and Sean Johnson representing the US again.

• Admin

wait....are Scotland playing USA tonight?

The result in this could be the difference between major trollerama and me staying away from EWB for a while. :shifty:

Nah, tomorrow.

Also it's Wales vs. Mexico being staged in the USA. No idea when that takes place though.

Anyone watching this? Holy shit, those national anthems were bad.

I switched it until it was over .... HORRID.

Hopefully our "where's Waldo" unis will confuse the Scots and they won't be able to find our forwards.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DONOVAN !!!!