When Shows Jumped The Shark

Benji

For the record, there was an episode of Happy Days where a dude literally jumped over a shark, and it was the best one.

Really!? That totally isn't where the phrase comes from at all.

• Like 1

Thought this might be a fun brain-tingler: When do you guys think 24 jumped the shark? The possibilities are endless, and I'm sure everyone would have a different answer.

I'm torn between Tony's "death" in season five (terrible but at least they retconned it) or Curtis' death in season six. Probably the latter, but by the end of season five I was getting bored with 24 and it never really got back in my good graces the way the first four seasons did. Then I stopped watching season six halfway through, came back for season seven, and got bored of season eight after a few episodes.

Only because of your crush on Kathy Bates.

...or was that Sousa?

That's Sousa. Sousa loves him some Kathy Bates.

This is true and is actually the reason why I've seen Failure to Launch with Matthew McConnahamagdagasgdhjaeljaefhlawheymacarena, which I like to pretend is a movie about how Kathy Bates had yet to launch Terry Bradshaw into the center of the sun.

As for the topic, I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, but I remember really hating DuckTales after Gizmoduck started showing up.

• Like 3

Didn't Johnny die trying to jump a shark?

Two Pints actually deserves more credit, the early series were really good, but if we are going to pin point the episode it jumped the shark it has to be the Musical Special.