Arrested Development Returning

Hobo

Ruki;

In-character, GOB's genetics and the fall from grace that stereotypical TV jocks often suffer from.

Out of character, a bald cap and a wig. Not sure how much of the weight is actually his and how much is a fat suit, but I think some of it is a fat suit.

I don't remember GOB's bad genetics, but that explains it. Thanks

:D

In the scene where Steve learns that GOB's his dad, his immediate response is "is that what's gonna happen to my hair?"

Got to Maeby's episode and fell asleep half way through (not a comment on her episode, I was just tired), but I hadn't realised how different she looked. Everyone's talking about Lindsay looking different (which I honestly don't think is that noticeable until she wears the red wig), but Maeby looks really odd to me, like she's someone else wearing a Maeby mask...

... maybe it's Tony Wonder under there?

:o

Gob has been the highlight for both his episodes, but I'm probably biased since he was my favourite character. I feel like the idea of doing character-centric episodes has hurt the show a little, and that since the viewer can watch them all at once, it wouldn't have harmed them to have shared episodes. The lack of main cast interaction is bugging me too, and I really hope that's remedied by the final stretch of episodes.

So far, the season is flawed, but still fun. Not up to season one or two standards, but above season three.

Oh, and Srar, I did the same. When I started watching I just did not get what people liked so much, but a large part of the charm of the show is seeing jokes come together further down the line. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Nah, general consensus everywhere is that the GOB episodes are the best ones and I'd agree with it.

I have no problem with the way Alia Shawkat has aged, also.

• Like 1

Alright, so we finished it last night and..

I really can't wait for the movie and perhaps the chance of more somewhere down the way? I think I read an article the other day (or at least saw the title of one) which stated that Netflix has changed their mind and would be interested in a season 5, but I digress from that.

I feel it worked damn near perfectly for my tastes. With all the references, running jokes and callbacks in the show I didn't think they could expand on that.. but the character driven arcs allowed them to stuff even more in and gave the grilfriend and I multiple "ahhhh!" moments in the later episodes (such as when you heard the moaning in the first Lindsay episode and see in the second to last one and see what it was). Everything was the way it was supposed to be in my mind, but there was a feeling there that made it feel new and refreshing for sure as well.

And a little thing that I enjoyed - the different openings that were character specific and unique in one way or another with a background instrument. That was a neat touch.

Alright, so we finished it last night and..

I really can't wait for the movie and perhaps the chance of more somewhere down the way? I think I read an article the other day (or at least saw the title of one) which stated that Netflix has changed their mind and would be interested in a season 5, but I digress from that.

I feel it worked damn near perfectly for my tastes. With all the references, running jokes and callbacks in the show I didn't think they could expand on that.. but the character driven arcs allowed them to stuff even more in and gave the grilfriend and I multiple "ahhhh!" moments in the later episodes (such as when you heard the moaning in the first Lindsay episode and see in the second to last one and see what it was). Everything was the way it was supposed to be in my mind, but there was a feeling there that made it feel new and refreshing for sure as well.

And a little thing that I enjoyed - the different openings that were character specific and unique in one way or another with a background instrument. That was a neat touch.

Yeah, I love the individual themes. Especially Maeby's and George Michael's.

Also, one thing I think we're going to see in whatever form the next Arrested Development takes (entire season spoilers follow);

Both Buster and Annyong were arrested over the course of the season. No way is that a coincidence.

Buster's episode was outstanding. The stuff with him and the drones, him and the cat, and him and the Lucille dolls had me howling. Finished the season last night, and it all wound up fantastically, but with enough loose threads that it can continue. Like Mil said, whoever plotted that deserves massive praise.

Almost certainly Mitch Hurwitz plotting it overall. I like to think that he's had this giant sprawling notebook with plot ideas for AD that he's just kept adding to during the whole six years between the end of filming season 3 and the start of filming season 4.

Yeah, I just finished. Really enjoyed all of it, even if I felt some episodes went on a bit too long, and like others, I was craving a bit more interaction and less character driven episodes. I can't wait for whatever route they take next, though. GOB, Buster & Tobias all had me laughing the most for sure. I really enjoy Netflix's style of original series and the binge watching served the series so well.

Just finished Tobias' first episode

My God the one liners during the To catch a local Predator stuff had me dying.

"Is there a little girl here all by herself? "
"Daddy needs to get his rocks off."
"I’m here to see my little girl. I need to show her Daddy’s Thing."

• Like 1

Watched the first episode. Expected it to be slow and trying to catch the viewers up.

A lot of people are complaining about how boorish and how out of character it was for him. I thought it explained how he became the mess he was at the end there. He clearly had his entire life collapse before him and he was losing his mind.

Watched the first episode. Expected it to be slow and trying to catch the viewers up.

A lot of people are complaining about how boorish and how out of character it was for him. I thought it explained how he became the mess he was at the end there. He clearly had his entire life collapse before him and he was losing his mind.

Yeah, very true. Not to mention that Michael's always been messed up by normal human standards. The codependency on George-Michael was always there, this was just it at its lowest point.

Yeah, very true. Not to mention that Michael's always been messed up by normal human standards. The codependency on George-Michael was always there, this was just it at its lowest point.

Yep. Agreed. if anything, he was more resembling his father in the first episode. Selfish, unaware of other people's goals and ambitions, etc. I felt the way it ended sort of signified "Ok, the real Michael is back". But I only watched one episode.