Arrested Development Returning

Hobo

The more I watch this, the more tired I'm growing of the interweaving plot. It's great but it's seriously missing the brilliant interaction between the cast and Buster too. There's been so little Buster

I'm only 5 episodes in but I really like it so far. It doesn't feel unnecessary or tacked on which is a big problem I have with the Red Dwarf reboot, even though I still kinda like that.

Alright, so Maeby's episode:

I have *such* a big issue with this one. First of all, the Andy Richter cameo things are wearing really, really thin on me now.

Second, my big problem with it is that Maeby's meant to be the one who gets away with it. All of her schemes, she never comes out of it badly (other than being mistreated by her parents). She got away with the Surely stuff, she got away with the film studio stuff. She was the only member of the family who never had anything spectacularly backfire on her. So to have an episode that destroys that entire aspect of the character really, really annoyed me.

Alright, so Maeby's episode:

I have *such* a big issue with this one. First of all, the Andy Richter cameo things are wearing really, really thin on me now.

Second, my big problem with it is that Maeby's meant to be the one who gets away with it. All of her schemes, she never comes out of it badly (other than being mistreated by her parents). She got away with the Surely stuff, she got away with the film studio stuff. She was the only member of the family who never had anything spectacularly backfire on her. So to have an episode that destroys that entire aspect of the character really, really annoyed me.

But that's been.. basically the entire theme of this season. Everything has been flipped for a good number of the characters. Michael made some bad choices, George Michael is kind of doing alright on his own accord, George and Oscar have switched personalities, Lucille is the one being put away, etc.

• Like 1

Watched episode 2 and 3. Honestly, they are a little slow moving, but still lots of laughs. You can tell they are building up lots of jokes by the way the show is edited. There are lots of puzzles pieces missing and they are certain to contain laughs.

I'm half and half on the length thing. Sometimes I will zone out during the especially info-dump laden episodes (George Sr.'s eps for me), but then I will have it on in the background and pay attention and then suddenly hear "On the next Arrested Development" and be genuinely surprised.

Apparently 100,000+ people have pirated Arrested Development so far. I guess £6 or a month's free trial is too expensive for them?

It's how they're used to viewing it. It's fucking stupid because it's actually quicker and easier to sign up for the free Netflix trial and stream it in HD.

• Like 2

Apparently 100,000+ people have pirated Arrested Development so far. I guess £6 or a month's free trial is too expensive for them?

It's how they're used to viewing it. It's fucking stupid because it's actually quicker and easier to sign up for the free Netflix trial and stream it in HD.

I understand not wanting to pay loads for individual items of media, but this is silly to me. It's £6 for Arrested Development, a bargain in itself, plus whatever they can fill their boots with for the rest of month.

I imagine they're the type of people who think £6 is too expensive, and then they'll spend £10 on a fucking pizza.

I understand not wanting to pay loads for individual items of media, but this is silly to me. It's £6 for Arrested Development, a bargain in itself, plus whatever they can fill their boots with for the rest of month.

I imagine they're the type of people who think £6 is too expensive, and then they'll spend £10 on a fucking pizza.

Yeah, a whole season of television is worth six quid. When you think about it like that, which I hadn't, it's a huge bargain. It's not like you have to have a Sky subscription (UK only, I know) or anything. That really is dirt cheap, especially for the quality.

So, I noticed a lot of people talking about how Portia got too much work done between season 3 and 4, but I also noticed that people said she looked better when she cut her hair... sooooo, I'm wondering how many people just didn't realize that her hair was short for the entire season, and that she was wearing a noticeably bad wig piece for the scenes in which she had long hair.

Also, people should just get Netflix. It isn't always the most amazing thing in the world, but if I didn't have to have cable for my hockey, I would only have the internet and my netflix subscription. There's way more on Netflix worth watching than there ever is on tv.

Especially since it's a whole season of one show and then you have the remaining month to watch a bunch of other shows.

I'm pretty seriously considering keeping myself subscribed for a month just to give some money for the fact that I got to watch all of AD and discovered Sherlock thanks to it.

Especially since it's a whole season of one show and then you have the remaining month to watch a bunch of other shows.

I'm pretty seriously considering keeping myself subscribed for a month just to give some money for the fact that I got to watch all of AD and discovered Sherlock thanks to it.

I still find it amazing I only pay £6 a month for Netflix. I've already decided when I get a place of my own that there is no point in getting Sky or Virgin TV because Netflix provide so much for so little (in theory I could watch Netflix every minute for the rest of my life and never repeat a film or TV show). I would happily pay £20 a month for it. And if it were not for Netflix, I wouldn't have discovered some genuinely brilliant TV shows and films. House of Cards alone was worth a year's worth of monthly fees, as was this series of AD.

I wonder if Netflix's marketing department is hiring.

So, I finished it.

Kind of feel...very underwhelmed. The middle part of the season - Lindsay, Tobias, Gob and Lucille - was by far and away the best bit. Bookending it with George/Michael/George Michael stuff (and a fairly meh Buster episode) is a bit of a sour note. I get that they're setting up for the movie, with the conclusion of the Rebel stuff and Lindsay vs.Sally (though I'd still prefer a series) but...meh. The last few episodes just weren't all that great.