Arrested Development Returning

Hobo

There's one thing (well, several things, but one I'm going to ask about now) I'm still curious about...

Does Annyong really appear only in that one brief cameo?

Yeah. At the same time, like I said earlier in this thread, I really don't think it's a coincidence that by the end of season four, both Annyong and Buster have both been arrested. I think he'll have a bigger role in whatever comes next.

And the fact that I'm so confident in "whatever comes next" being an actual thing is why I don't mind the way season 4 ends, though I was definitely a bit disappointed in the lack of the entire cast coming together at the end.

Maeby also got arrested...

She did, and better yet she got arrested for the exact same thing Tobias got arrested for earlier in the season.

Which Tobias got arrested for doing to her...

On the front of TEOL's original point, the number on Lucille's shirt was a nice little gag. :P

• Like 1

I loved it. It was slow starting, but kind of needed to be. They obviously knew that people would be watching it in near enough one sitting, rather than waiting a week between episodes, and wrote accordingly, so it was one of the most densely layered comedy shows I've ever seen. Very few other shows would dare to give you a punchline for a joke it doesn't set up for another two or three episodes.

Gob's episodes were by far my favourite, especially the first one. The only real problem I had with it is that I felt the India stuff felt a little tacked on, and a really long-winded way to get to "Lindsay thinks she can make a difference", which was a character trait she had all along.

Mostly, though, it was brilliant. My two highlights, though it's hard to pick just two, were the mariachi band playing Sound Of Silence, and the line "Brother, I should have known I'd find you here in a blouse and a beekeeper's hat!".

Tony Wonder is amazing. Lucille 2 continues to be far better than she has any right to be - Liza could so easily have just coasted through Arrested Development and it would have been amazing just for being Liza Minelli. The fact that she's as good as she is, that's wonderful. See also, Barry Zuckercorn.

• Like 1

Another amazing bit of continuity:

When George Michael doesn't know who Lucille 2 is.

Aha! Yes, I loved that moment! The girlfriend and I instantly looked at each other and laughed at the idea, that's something that we would never have noticed before.. and it was played off perfectly. The viewer just assumes he knows and then that moment hits and it's just great.

Incredibly minor spoiler for an early episode (like 5 or 6, maybe?):

I realized that the Angeles Y Diablos standee in Michael's Orange County Imagine office says "Con Peter Scolari" and, indeed, features his image.

Really? I love that episode. I just love the idea that the Bluths are so clueless that they don't even know what hermano means, which is like a super super basic Spanish word.

I don't know about you guys, but I found Arrested Development infinitely funnier the second time around. Stick with it Srar, a year from now when you decide to rewatch it, you'll have a whole new appreciation.

• Like 1

Season 3 greatly improved when I watched it for a second time leading up to season 4. Not sure when I'm going to be ready to rewatch all of season 4 instead of just certain scenes.