The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Pffft, Reapers aint nothing. I only worry about them when I'm not really equipped for them like when I'm a soilder. If i'm an Adept or Engineer, fuggettaboutit.

Got a Batarian now! It's not the one with the shotgun though, but he's okay. Kind've a lamer Krogan. I also have a Quarian Male who's Grenades make grinding Geth money so much easier. Main reason I revived the topic though, is this:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6952-Mass-Effect-3-Earth-MP-Pack-Detailed-in-Leak.html

Information relating to Mass Effect 3’s upcoming multiplayer extension, Earth, has leaked ahead of an official announcement.

The leak details the kit, weapons, maps and classes that the pack will bring along with its release:

“The fighting is fiercest when it’s your home at stake! Mass Effect: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!”

The information comes via a Reddit tipster who successfully detailed the Mass Effect: Rebellion Pack before its official announcement. He’s got form.

No date was given for the content. We’ll bring the official announcement once it hits.

I hope the six new human classes just means six new classes, I wish there were more races released than just Human. New classes could be fun though.

Compared to ME2's combat, I'm not enjoying ME3 so much. It's partly because I played 1 and 2 as an Infiltrator and enjoyed the time dilation in 2, which appears to be absent in 3 despite the power saying otherwise, though.

Is that where the time slows down as you look through the scope? I could have sworn that was in there. Because I got a lot of headshots that way.

Compared to ME2's combat, I'm not enjoying ME3 so much. It's partly because I played 1 and 2 as an Infiltrator and enjoyed the time dilation in 2, which appears to be absent in 3 despite the power saying otherwise, though.

Is that where the time slows down as you look through the scope? I could have sworn that was in there. Because I got a lot of headshots that way.

That's it, but if it is, I'm really not noticing it. The really weird thing is that I aimed with a pistol and THAT seemed to induce it.

That's it, but if it is, I'm really not noticing it. The really weird thing is that I aimed with a pistol and THAT seemed to induce it.

I think there is a specific attachment you need to get on the gun to slow it down. Some kind of scope.

Man, I really wish the Multiplayer was more generous with credits, you could get packs specifically for characters, weapons or equipment, or it was just a bit easier overall. I actually kind of enjoy grinding Gold on Firebase White, but fuck, it gets a little old after a while. It'd be so much more fun if it felt like using any class other than Infiltrator (again, fun, but gets old) wouldn't result in instant death on anything above Bronze.

Like, I love playing as my Krogan Sentinel, but it'd be fucking useless on the higher difficulties.

Well there was finally a foreign version of this at my local(ish) preowned games shop. I didn't trust the Japanese version as in the past I've bought games that either have no English language menus (Deus Ex) which makes conversation-led games difficult....or games that have sexy/nude scenes cut (Heavy Rain).

Anyway, sealed and new Hong Kong copy was sitting there so I picked up. Sadly the online code didn't work but they never do here. Grr.

Sunk a few hours in today. Found Garrus which was nice, Liara was nice to see early too. James can push off though. Ugh.

Anyway, I got two messages - one from Thane which was lovely to receive as I loved him in ME2...

....But first I decided I HAD to go to the boarding school to rescue the biotic kids. Just because I was certain who would be there............

........and she was!

6pqn1x.jpg

I must admit I marked out. Glad I transferred my ME2 Shepard over to continue the Jack love-in! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tried out a Vorcha... apparently having too many characters from the recent DLC freezes your enemies. Also, I FINALLY got a Krogan soldier last week. Seriously, that was just ridiculous how long it took.

Tried out a Vorcha... apparently having too many characters from the recent DLC freezes your enemies. Also, I FINALLY got a Krogan soldier last week. Seriously, that was just ridiculous how long it took.

I have barely any Soldiers unlocked. I have the Turian and the Humans, that's it. I have no idea why they're so rare, because the Krogan Sentinel is so much better. The Vorcha and the Batarian Soldier classes seem kind've cooler than the Sentinels though...

I played a bit more with my Ex-Cerberus Vanguard on Gold... actually quite enjoyed it. I'd love to know exactly what I'm missing to make it stronger though. Then again I don't think it's up to Level 20 yet. I've seen some guys take out Geth Primes in a few hits with the Ex-Cerberus Vanguard, I don't know what the difference is between their build and mine.

Also I unlocked the Vorcha Sentinel! Meaning I now have every Sentinel class. Vorcha is great fun, even if the Flamethrower isn't quite as useful as I'd like. It really feels like it needs some kind of knockback, because anything but regular Geth seem to do enough damage with one hit to make using it a waste of time. Works wonders against the Primes though and the Cluster Grenades are pretty sweet.

I think Infiltrator is definitely the class for me still. Nothing beats the Tactical Cloak for surviving Gold. I'd really like to try out the Engineer Class as I've heard they're good for dealing with Geth on gold, but I can't figure out how they're all that useful other than the Salarian's Decoy. Is the Combat Drone secretly really good or something?

Speaking of Infiltrator: I mostly use the Salarian Female because it's so wonderful to hack a Geth Pyro and have it wipe out everything around it, but fuck me, the Salarian Male's Arc Grenades are wonderful.

I'm really wanting more Weapon Unlocks now rather than characters. I'd love to get the new Shotgun that shoots electricity, or the Geth Plasma Shotgun. Those seem the most useful.

Just unlocked the Vorcha tonight myself, and they are a fun class to play with. As far as Engineers on gold, they're good support types, not so much for points and kills. Overload shields, Incinerate armor, Combat Drone for distractions and whatnot. Also I LOVE the Reegar Carbine, obviously not the best with ammo, but close range it is VICIOUS.

I think there is a specific attachment you need to get on the gun to slow it down. Some kind of scope.

Concentration Mod, yeah. But if that's the case, what's the point of the "sniper time-dilation" bit in Operational Mastery?

So far the only two new characters I've unlocked are the Male Quarian Infiltrator (My favorite class to play, though Adept is a sort of close second) and a Vorcha Soldier.

But I got a Hurricane and a Valiant from last week's operation, because they put a N7 weapon in both packs for this one rather than just the Commendation pack. I use the Valiant in place of a sniper rifle (hey, it does make a somewhat great assault rifle substitute!) on my Soldiers, and don't use the Hurricane at all because of its recoil and because I either use a heavy pistol (Paladin or Carnifax) or the Geth Plasma SMG for close up killing.

So I don't know if anyone has already seen this or if I'm late to the party or whatever, but holy shit this is fantastic:

Too late, SHOULDER MASSAGE OF DEATH!

:lol: