Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

Hey, JBH and all you other fans of misspellt names; here's your early Christmas present.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M6YasIkNH00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aaaand it crashed at the starter pack screen <_<

Edit: Basically so you know what's up, I pressed to advance the game, and it crashed, the game was still playable it seemed, except I lost all but the first two of my cards in the Starter Pack, making the game unplayable. I am running it on an iPod Touch 4.

• Like 5

You realize that EA Sports..a company that has a reputation for being greedy and money grabbing, and nickle and diming people for any kind of in game content, is only charging $4.99 for Madden 12, one of the biggest sell game franchises of all time. $6.99 for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, another proven franchise. Sims 3? $6.99. SimCity Deluxe? $4.99.

You even make an argument on toucharcade about why the price should be lower. Your targetting a niche market. So your target audience is tiny to begin with. Anything to appeal to them and get them to purchase your game should be done. Me personally, as someone with an Android phone and tablet, there is no way in hell I'm paying $9.99 for a game I know nothing about. Yes, I'm willing to pay for Rylands games, but thats because before he started charging, I played his freeware games for years.

$9.99 is equal to what some companies charge for games for an 360 or PS3.

You realize that EA Sports..a company that has a reputation for being greedy and money grabbing, and nickle and diming people for any kind of in game content, is only charging $4.99 for Madden 12, one of the biggest sell game franchises of all time. $6.99 for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, another proven franchise. Sims 3? $6.99. SimCity Deluxe? $4.99.

You even make an argument on toucharcade about why the price should be lower. Your targetting a niche market. So your target audience is tiny to begin with. Anything to appeal to them and get them to purchase your game should be done. Me personally, as someone with an Android phone and tablet, there is no way in hell I'm paying $9.99 for a game I know nothing about. Yes, I'm willing to pay for Rylands games, but thats because before he started charging, I played his freeware games for years.

$9.99 is equal to what some companies charge for games for an 360 or PS3.

Football Manager, 20 plus years of quality, millions in total sales, same price because Football Manager = Wrestling Manager. Sums it up for me.

He only makes the FM comparison because that is their next game: Soccer Management. Can you take Womanchester Younited to the top of the Preeminent League? Chances are high when you have Wayne Looney up front!

• Like 8

Reviews by WrestleZone, missed a trick by not calling them Wrestle's Own, IMO.

SP - I'm glad you got the game out, but I do agree with the consensus that it is too expensive, especially if you charge extra in the game itself. My suggestion would be take example from Facebook games - allow people to buy new packs with in-game money that they have to do X, Y and Z to earn, but with the option of spending real money to bypass the effort. I think otherwise, it is a big turn off.

I'm not so weird about the crash issues, as I'm sure you plan on fixing this in the next update. I hope you do plan to update regularly, just because in-depth games like yours are going to get bugs often, you need to fix them fast to keep the game playable.

...Does it really count if my Event Review is by Wrestlezone?

Did it come with authentic 'KELLY KELLY THONG PICS - CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' link at the end?

My suggestion would be take example from Facebook games - allow people to buy new packs with in-game money that they have to do X, Y and Z to earn, but with the option of spending real money to bypass the effort. I think otherwise, it is a big turn off.

I'm not so weird about the crash issues, as I'm sure you plan on fixing this in the next update. I hope you do plan to update regularly, just because in-depth games like yours are going to get bugs often, you need to fix them fast to keep the game playable.

Thanks for the support.

We already do exactly what you said with the in game packs. You can buy the packs with in game currency with exception to the advanced starter pack but that's because we give the normal starter pack away for free. The packs are great for those that want to get a head faster but there's nothing in them that you can't earn in the game.

And you are quite right about patches. We are aiming to have a patch ready to send to apple at the end of this week to fix up any crashing problem. It has to go through Apples submission process so I'm not entirely sure when it will be out but I can say they were fantastic at getting Wrestling Manager out. We are really sorry if it's happening to you, it seems to be on certain devices and we need to spend some time optimising the game to get rid of those issues.

As people keep pointing out, you don't know me or who I am. So here's a couple of examples of my early work. Please look at the comments under the posts to get a better idea of how they were received.

3rd post down

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/173709149/p1/?36

Which I then followed up with this degree

http://boards.ign.com/wwe_smackdown/b6546/183820631/p1/

(That ones 72 pages and has pictures)

This will hopefully give you an incite to the amount of passion I have for this type of game.

...what am I actually looking at here. I am so lost. By "early work" you mean "ideas you had for how to improve the Smackdown games"?

Please tell me if this is what I'm actually reading here, because I need to know if there's some meat here before I dig in.

That's... that's exactly what this is.

Um.

Fuck it.

Hey guys, I'm starting up a film studio! I'm releasing a 90-minute film I shot entirely using the miniature camera on my phone. This will be a good movie. Here's an example of my previous work.

o_O

• Like 1

As people keep pointing out, you don't know me or who I am. So here's a couple of examples of my early work. Please look at the comments under the posts to get a better idea of how they were received.

3rd post down

http://boards.ign.co...73709149/p1/?36

Which I then followed up with this degree

http://boards.ign.co...6/183820631/p1/

(That ones 72 pages and has pictures)

This will hopefully give you an incite to the amount of passion I have for this type of game.

...what am I actually looking at here. I am so lost. By "early work" you mean "ideas you had for how to improve the Smackdown games"?

Please tell me if this is what I'm actually reading here, because I need to know if there's some meat here before I dig in.

That's... that's exactly what this is.

Um.

Fuck it.

Hey guys, I'm starting up a film studio! I'm releasing a 90-minute film I shot entirely using the miniature camera on my phone. This will be a good movie. Here's an example of my previous work.

o_O

Did you look the 72 page document by any chance? Or the comments associated with either post?

Yes, I looked at the 72-page document about an existing game's Create-A-Story mode.

I have a feeling this will come up one day in a therapy session.

Or a police report.

Yes, I looked at the 72-page document about an existing game's Create-A-Story mode.

By your logic, anyone who's ever written for GameFAQs is a fledgling developer.

Now go look at the time stamps. Start with the first one. Then the second one.

I changed my first post in fairness to you, because what you've actually done is quite a bit different from what I just said. It still doesn't show the trappings of some kind of undiscovered fledgling game developer, but it's more than just a guide to an existing game's story mode.

The "time stamps" are apparently supposed to indicate that you came up with the idea for a story mode before WWE implemented one in its own games, I guess, so, um, yay for you? I came up with the idea of a fighting game full of Nintendo characters when I was in third grade.