Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

Because it never fucking happened.

Perfect!

A crash course on IP law for publishing is a few years behind me, but he's suggesting they used verbatim dialogue and story ideas that he created as well as the layout of the content. Wouldn't that theoretically be actionable (if it were true)?

Shit, I'm bored at work and tempted to buy the game. What should I spend my money on instead? There was talk of Angry Birds earlier...

Cheese burgers.

Lactose intolerant.

A new pack of socks.

I like to think of the odor protruding from my feet caused by wearing socks for about five days in a row to be my trademark.

A new pack of underwear.

Freeballing it.

Ten toys from a dollar store.

Now we're talking! Or, we would be if I weren't stuck at work!

• Like 1

Because it never fucking happened.

Perfect!

A crash course on IP law for publishing is a few years behind me, but he's suggesting they used verbatim dialogue and story ideas that he created as well as the layout of the content. Wouldn't that theoretically be actionable (if it were true)?

Copyright covers expression, not the idea. So the story ideas wouldn't be. But if WWE copied word for word the dialogue, there would be a problem there. But it'd have to be a substantial part, not just two or three words.

I wonder why nobody has asked for proof that the game cost $250,000 to get on the market as it is obvious people dont believe that figure.

But I just assumed people would expect a picture of a napkin with random numbers written on it with "250k" at the bottom.

I asked for proof, he said something about 6 Mac's, obviously there is a version of the iMac that costs $40k I am unaware of.

Look at the credits in the game and then look those people up. How much do you think those people cost per month? And you guys have known about this game for how long? So do the salary math.

Anything that isn't riddled with bugs and that is ACTUALLY playable.

But the bugs are worth it because the character names and interface make it really deep, and you could put a lot of time into it.

Right?!?

No doubt. I can see why it cost a quarter of a million dollars.

Guest mr. potato head

I just browsed the menu of "Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex". In conclusion, best game ever.

Yeah. Because that's totally what I said.

I said that it LOOKED deep and that I COULD SEE MYSELF spending a lot of time playing it.

Did I say it was the best game in the history of ever? No. No I didn't. You know why? Because I haven't even gotten around to playing the game. No where in what I said previously has indicated otherwise.

All you guys do is blow things out of proportion, make generalizations and assumptions, and put words in my mouth.

Actually Serious Parody was the one doing that when he used those comments you ubertagged up there as the sole example of people giving the game great reviews and saying it's a deep game. (Y)

• Like 1