Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

I think the sad thing that's getting lost in all this is that I'd definitely be interested in a Game Dev Story -esque wrestling management game if:

a. the parodies weren't so slap-you-in-the-face obvious. I'd rather it be entirely fictional than it try so hard to be the real people

b. the price wasn't so high. I guess I am somewhat thrifty, but I generally wouldn't pay £7 for any app regardless of whether it was an indie effort or a big budget, well-known studio (the only exception being the NHL Premium GameCenter app, but my hand was somewhat forced with there being no opportunity to watch games here without subscribing to some shitty third rate channel that doesn't even broadcast in HD).

c. the figurehead for the game wasn't an utter jerk.

And that's without factoring in whether or not the damn thing can actually run properly.

• Like 1

I agree with hugo. This thread has been glorious. Partly from Serious Parody digging his grave deeper by avoiding a bunch of shit to everyone else either giving it to him hard and the sarcasm that is spewing from every pixel of the letters you type.

Oh, and

OK, serious question: did you contact WWE's legal team with your characters? Because these are not original characters and are treading on the toes of the liklinesses of their trademarks.

OK, serious question: did you contact WWE's legal team with your characters? Because these are not original characters and are treading on the toes of the liklinesses of their trademarks.

I'd happily play a wrestling based trading card game also. Like whatever it was WWE put out online a few years ago, I forget the name. (edit: "With Authority", was that it?)

It was. Actually there's a quite fun wrestling card game type thing someone did with a legends version and a CHIKARA version, pricey though.