Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

http://appmuse.com/appmusing/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-a-mobile-app/

Alex Ahlund, former CEO of AppVee and AndroidApps, and later an advisor to Appolicious, wrote a guest blog article about app sales on TechCrunch. According to that article, a survey of 96 mobile app developers showed the average cost to develop an app was $6,453. An article on OS X Daily about iPhone Development Costs reported that the development cost range for “small apps” is $3,000 to $8,000 and that “more complex or recognized brand apps” can cost $50,000 to $150,000. A well-written article on PadGadget.com explored The Cost of Building an iPad App and suggested the development costs (as compared to design and other costs) range from $12,000 to $150,000 or more.

My conclusion: if anyone actually did spend $250,000 developing any kind of app then their business model is atrocious.

• Like 2

I don't buy TEW cos it's too expensive and I don't have enough love for the product.

However I DO spend 30 quid a year on Pro Cycling Manager cos it's proven for about 8-10 years now that it's worth the money and offers a lot of quality entertainment on my PC.

There are also a LOT of people who drop that kind of money on Football Manager each year. Why? It's proven to be the best. Proven.

Even then SI games offer a free Football Manager demo every SINGLE year so people can try it out. They take NOTHING for granted with regards to the target audience.

If you need us to be a proven company in order to so that you can spend $10 then maybe you need to check back in a few years to see if we are still around. It's not like I'm trying to charge $60 for the game. It's $9.99.

I'm sorry guys, I really do hear what you're all saying and I appreciate the concerns that some of you are showing but there's nothing I can do about the price. What I can do though is put some video's out in the next couple of days so that you can see it in action. I thought it was going to be out this coming Thursday but for some reason it got brought forward a few days so I'm not as prepared as I should be.

Even then SI games offer a free Football Manager demo every SINGLE year so people can try it out. They take NOTHING for granted with regards to the target audience.

This. I would have never bought Football Manager 2011 last year if I didn't have a demo and had a chance to actually see what the game is like and whether I found it fun enough to invest however much it was I bought it on Steam for (it was during a sale).

EDIT: Showing videos of gameplay is a good start. I can appreciate that.

http://appmuse.com/a...p-a-mobile-app/

Alex Ahlund, former CEO of AppVee and AndroidApps, and later an advisor to Appolicious, wrote a guest blog article about app sales on TechCrunch. According to that article, a survey of 96 mobile app developers showed the average cost to develop an app was $6,453. An article on OS X Daily about iPhone Development Costs reported that the development cost range for "small apps" is $3,000 to $8,000 and that "more complex or recognized brand apps" can cost $50,000 to $150,000. A well-written article on PadGadget.com explored The Cost of Building an iPad App and suggested the development costs (as compared to design and other costs) range from $12,000 to $150,000 or more.

My conclusion: if anyone actually did spend $250,000 developing any kind of app then their business model is atrocious.

It depends what the app is for mate. I could knock up a sound board in 10 minutes. This isn't your average app, it's a hardcore game with a huge database filled with huge amounts of hand drawn content. There's features upon features in the game and they all take time. Then when you factor in marketing costs as well as actually setting up the office. How much does 6 macs cost do you think?

Guest JukeboxHero

These characters are phenomenal. Misticara, Awesome Karma, Supercena, and Cowboy Robert Norton are my favorite finds so far. :lol:

EDIT: Dustin Goldroads!

Edited by JukeboxHero
  • Like 2

When did $10 for a game that you can play for months become such a bad investment? I had a pizza last night that cost more than that and it lasted 10 minutes.

But hey, if you guys think $10's is too much for a good wrestling management game, then I guess you'll have to go enjoy the other wrestling games on the iPhone - like Angry Birds. How much is TEW again?

You gotta admit, he has a point.

I have purchased the game. Dunno how much I'll be able to play this weekend, but I look forward to it! (Y)

He really doesn't have a point.

TEW is more expensive, yes. However, it has demo's, years of experience and even a fucking freeware version. I'm not suggesting that this should be freeware but putting a game out for $10 when all we've seen is pictures of gimmick rip-offs, don't bank on many people rushing online to buy it.

Also- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ANGRY BIRDS??????

I think it would be rad if "Ice Cold" Steve Frost'n were a disgruntled former DQ employee who now poisons the cakes.

• Like 4

I hate to point it out, but don't both TNA and WWE have games out on the iOS that are less than $10?

Yeah. WWE has 2 Angry Bird clones where you fire a wrestler out of a slingshot into some wood/metal to try and knock over the other wrestler.

They also have a Legends of Wrestlemania game out which has 3 moves per wrestler and sucks big time. The graphics are appalling. Dwayne Miavia in Wrestling Manager, looks more like the Rock than The Rock does in that game and Dwayne Miavia isn't even supposed to look anything like him.

TNA's latest game is actually the sequel to Legends of Wrestlemania in the same way that WWF Wrestlemania 2000 was the sequel to WCW/NWO: Revenge. It's made by the same developers but with the TNA license instead. It's got good graphics and a decent roster but still only 3 moves per wrestler and the only difference between Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam is the cloths they are wearing because neither have their signature moves, neither does Angle, etc. So what's the point of playing a touch screen wrestling game with no actual moves? The controls are buggy at best and there's nothing to keep you entertained for more than an hour.

The difference between those games and Wrestling Manager is, we've built a game that's suited to the touch screen devices. The reason Game Dev Story is one of the best titles on the iPhone is because it's not trying to make you use a an imaginary joy stick, it's a management sim and that's the kind of game we wanted to make but for wrestling fans.

When did $10 for a game that you can play for months become such a bad investment? I had a pizza last night that cost more than that and it lasted 10 minutes.

But hey, if you guys think $10's is too much for a good wrestling management game, then I guess you'll have to go enjoy the other wrestling games on the iPhone - like Angry Birds. How much is TEW again?

You gotta admit, he has a point.

I have purchased the game. Dunno how much I'll be able to play this weekend, but I look forward to it! (Y)

He really doesn't have a point.

TEW is more expensive, yes. However, it has demo's, years of experience and even a fucking freeware version. I'm not suggesting that this should be freeware but putting a game out for $10 when all we've seen is pictures of gimmick rip-offs, don't bank on many people rushing online to buy it.

Also- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ANGRY BIRDS??????

I love Angry Birds, I even have the sequel but as a wrestling fan, I wanted an actual wrestling related game from the WWE not a bad version of angry birds but with wrestlers.

I hate to point it out, but don't both TNA and WWE have games out on the iOS that are less than $10?

They also have a Legends of Wrestlemania game out which has 3 moves per wrestler and sucks big time. The graphics are appalling. Dwayne Miavia in Wrestling Manager, looks more like the Rock than The Rock does in that game and Dwayne Miavia isn't even supposed to look anything like him.

That's surely not good pinch.gif