Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

I love that your "sticking up for the little guy" enthusiasm reads like sarcasm to me.

So, Jukeboxhero the guy who derided us for being elitist, no goes in to "I told you so!" mode and comes across as an arrogant prick...

His "Sticking up for the little guy" enthusiasm reads like being an elitist prick to me. But who am I? A simple bully, to say that? <_<

Even then SI games offer a free Football Manager demo every SINGLE year so people can try it out. They take NOTHING for granted with regards to the target audience.

This. I would have never bought Football Manager 2011 last year if I didn't have a demo and had a chance to actually see what the game is like and whether I found it fun enough to invest however much it was I bought it on Steam for (it was during a sale).

EDIT: Showing videos of gameplay is a good start. I can appreciate that.

I'll get some vids out asap but in the mean time here's an article that has some images which explain certain features.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wrestling-manager-game-released/18795/

WWE and TNA have games with fake joysticks! They don't even have any games that take real advantage of the touch screen on the platform, except for those 2 that do. But those don't count.

• Like 1

When did $10 for a game that you can play for months become such a bad investment? I had a pizza last night that cost more than that and it lasted 10 minutes.

But hey, if you guys think $10's is too much for a good wrestling management game, then I guess you'll have to go enjoy the other wrestling games on the iPhone - like Angry Birds. How much is TEW again?

You gotta admit, he has a point.

He really doesn't. If $10 is too much to spend, we go enjoy the other wrestling games like EWR or TEW, or the other, lower-quality ones. I am supremely not bothered about not being able to get it on the iPhone/Android and I doubt a lot of people are.

I hate to point it out, but don't both TNA and WWE have games out on the iOS that are less than $10?

Yeah. WWE has 2 Angry Bird clones where you fire a wrestler out of a slingshot into some wood/metal to try and knock over the other wrestler.

Without being funny, that sounds like a million times better than Angry Birds. I might play that actually.

• Like 2

Guest JukeboxHero

No, these are seriously great. Rolph Nemeth, Iceberg, Randal Norton, and The Road Battlers will all find a place in my promotion eventually. Joanie China will not.

Oh, and Neil Patrick Harrassment. :lmao:

No, these are seriously great. Rolph Nemeth, Iceberg, Randal Norton, and The Road Battlers will all find a place in my promotion eventually. Joanie China will not.

Oh, and Neil Patrick Harrassment. :lmao:

Did you ever play Supercars? You'd have pissed yourself. Nigel Mainsail!

• Like 2

First of all, if you cant afford to lower the price/just CANT lower the price, alright. But saying stuff like "spending 10 bucks on a game thatll last for months isnt bad. I spent more on a pizza" isn't the right thing to say. We understand you have to shill your game. We don't expect you to go, "Yeah, our game is okay. It's nothing like ______ but it is still nice." Obviously you need to make it seem special, but we can't take your word on it when we know nothing of your work or of you.

$10 is a lot for an iPhone game, to me anyway. There are games I want that are that much that I dont get because of the price. Again, not everyone will feel this way, but it seems a lot on here do. You say you understand what we are saying, any maybe now you do but in some posts it still seems like you dont. Adam Ryland is well known on here and has a proven record of making great, free to play wrestling sims, so people feel safe buying his TEW series for $40. I know you didnt say anything about Ryland, but I'm just mentioning him. As a new product, you have to expect to get some resistance with the price. You really need to discuss dropping the price with the other people. You may make less money initially, but it could prove to lead to more sales in the long run than if you keep it at $10. Having the price that high just to make money back from the investment will only go so far.

This is all assuming the sales arent promising for the first couple months or so. If the game sells relatively well and continues to sell then obviously the price is okay, but if you notice a decline or a lack of selling then you really need to drop the price, whether the others like it or not.

Now, secondly, the pics provided on that site look nice. I like the trading card style with the wrestlers profiles, though it leaves little room to expand on anything else. It gives the basics you need, though. Visually, the app looks simple but eye catching, so that is good.

One thing is that, playing as these characters we know nothing about them. One thing that was great with TEW is the universe created strictly for it with backstories and everything. That may be something you want to look into with a future patch, is creating backstories for wrestlers and promotions and whatnot. That way people have something to go off of rather than, "okay, here is a list of wrestlers you control; start stuff with them."

Edited by Vitamin E

When did $10 for a game that you can play for months become such a bad investment? I had a pizza last night that cost more than that and it lasted 10 minutes.

But hey, if you guys think $10's is too much for a good wrestling management game, then I guess you'll have to go enjoy the other wrestling games on the iPhone - like Angry Birds. How much is TEW again?

He really doesn't. If $10 is too much to spend, we go enjoy the other wrestling games like EWR or TEW, or the other, lower-quality ones. I am supremely not bothered about not being able to get it on the iPhone/Android and I doubt a lot of people are.

How much is TEW?

You know, if a few slightly changed names amuse you do much, you could have saved 10 bucks and just spent an hour looking at the comment section of any WWE related video. Featuring such gems as Justin Gaybriel and Jack Fagger.

• Like 11

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

This.

Football Manager/Championship Manager has been around for more or less twenty years. People know when they get a Football Manager game they're getting something that will be fun. I hardly play any other game than Football Manager these days, because it's about all my laptop can handle and I don't own a working console.

All we know about Wrestling Manager is it's got some wrestlers with silly names that sound kinda like the names of real wrestlers - and if I had something I could play this on, I still wouldn't try it out because it just doesn't look worth my time for that price. But it could be amazing, but from just looking and seeing the price. I can't say I'd buy it.

You know, if a few slightly changed names amuse you do much, you could have saved 10 bucks and just spent an hour looking at the comment section of any WWE related video. Featuring such gems as Justin Gaybriel and Jack Fagger.

Fuck it, give me 5 dollar and I'll do funny names for an hour. Jake the Cake! That's a free sample.

Edited by Colly
  • Like 8

Guest JukeboxHero

Is Major Rider who I think it is?!

I'm just browsing through the game at the moment. From what I've seen, it seems like it might be a pretty deep game, one I'd put a fair amount of time into. And that's a good thing. I'll let you guys know how the actual game is once I get around to playing it. Busy weekend.

EDIT: Sorry, sir. Jake the Cake isn't as funny to me. And there's no awesome pictures to go with said name.

Edited by JukeboxHero
  • Like 2

How much is TEW?

05 is free.

• Like 2

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

This.

Football Manager/Championship Manager has been around for more or less twenty years. People know when they get a Football Manager game they're getting something that will be fun. I hardly play any other game than Football Manager these days, because it's about all my laptop can handle and I don't own a working console.

All we know about Wrestling Manager is it's got some wrestlers with silly names that sound kinda like the names of real wrestlers - and if I had something I could play this on, I still wouldn't try it out because it just doesn't look worth my time for that price,

And sure, Adam Ryland has made his name and can charge $40 for his wrestling management game - but I'm not trying to charge $40, I'm charging a quarter of that for my wrestling management game. I think if this was the exact same game but on a PC, most of you wouldn't have even mentioned price but because it's on an iPhone - well $9.99 is suddenly a lot of money.

----

The one guy in here that's bought the game has done nothing but post good things about it so far. So don't take my word for it, ask him if it's any good.