Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

Is Major Rider who I think it is?!

I'm just browsing through the game at the moment. From what I've seen, it seems like it might be a pretty deep game, one I'd put a fair amount of time into. And that's a good thing. I'll let you guys know how the actual game is once I get around to playing it. Busy weekend.

EDIT: Sorry, sir. Jake the Cake isn't as funny to me. And there's no awesome pictures to go with said name.

Use your imagination. It's Jake Roberts, but he's got a cake instead of a snake. And its called Gaymien.

• Like 4

9.99 is a lot of money for a shallow game on a shallow platform. Would it be cheap for a 360/ps3 game? Yes. Cheap for a PC game? Debatable as some fantastic games are available very cheap on the PC. But you'er releasing it to a platform full of cheap/free apps and games.

TEW can be 40 dollars, because Ryland has been making fantastic games for years - originally free. He built up a massive fan base and progressed. And even then, a lot of people (like myself) play and enjoy the freeware version.

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

This.

Football Manager/Championship Manager has been around for more or less twenty years. People know when they get a Football Manager game they're getting something that will be fun. I hardly play any other game than Football Manager these days, because it's about all my laptop can handle and I don't own a working console.

All we know about Wrestling Manager is it's got some wrestlers with silly names that sound kinda like the names of real wrestlers - and if I had something I could play this on, I still wouldn't try it out because it just doesn't look worth my time for that price,

And sure, Adam Ryland has made his name and can charge $40 for his wrestling management game - but I'm not trying to charge $40, I'm charging a quarter of that for my wrestling management game. I think if this was the exact same game but on a PC, most of you wouldn't have even mentioned price but because it's on an iPhone - well $9.99 is suddenly a lot of money.

----

The one guy in here that's bought the game has done nothing but post good things about it so far. So don't take my word for it, ask him if it's any good.

If it was on the PC Id imagine a lot more work would have been put into it (not saying you guys didnt put in any work, but a game on a PC would probably need MORE than an iPhone app) and would have more features and whatnot. Plus some people dont enjoy playing certain games on a touchscreen and prefer a computer or system. I wouldnt get GTA on the iPhone because a) I dont want to waste the battery and b) I cant imagine it being as fun as on a system.

Trying to get us to change our mind on the price and bringing up how "oh if this and this oh and that thing to something something but $10 is too much," isn't exactly the right attitude. People have a problem with the price, accept it. Don't tell us that if it was on the computer we wouldn't have a problem to justify it to those that think the game is too much. This is what I meant about you saying you understand but it coming off as you not actually understanding.

And to be fair, I dont think many will take Jukebox's opinion too highly just because it is him and the way he acts. Im not saying Im not taking his opinion because of it, but it is only one opinion that has really only said how great he finds the parodied names to be.

Edited by Vitamin E

$9.99?! Nigga you crazy!

Football Manager = $9.99

Wrestling Manager = $9.99

It's a cool game dude. It's the kind of game you can play for months (believe me, I have been) and we plan to release a new patch every month which we will always try to make free.

Football Manager is a well-known brand.

Wrestling Manager is not. Your game may be good (I don't know, I lack an iDevice), but you are pricing yourself out of the market. $10 for an unknown iPhone game is too much of a risk.

This.

Football Manager/Championship Manager has been around for more or less twenty years. People know when they get a Football Manager game they're getting something that will be fun. I hardly play any other game than Football Manager these days, because it's about all my laptop can handle and I don't own a working console.

All we know about Wrestling Manager is it's got some wrestlers with silly names that sound kinda like the names of real wrestlers - and if I had something I could play this on, I still wouldn't try it out because it just doesn't look worth my time for that price,

And sure, Adam Ryland has made his name and can charge $40 for his wrestling management game - but I'm not trying to charge $40, I'm charging a quarter of that for my wrestling management game. I think if this was the exact same game but on a PC, most of you wouldn't have even mentioned price but because it's on an iPhone - well $9.99 is suddenly a lot of money.

----

The one guy in here that's bought the game has done nothing but post good things about it so far. So don't take my word for it, ask him if it's any good.

Unfortunately, none of us give a flying fuck about JukeboxHero's opinion on anything, he's just a troll.

• Like 6

Is Major Rider who I think it is?!

Should have been E-Z Rider, then we'd be Seriously Parodying two things. Much more efficient.

Aside from the fact that these good things said amount to nothing more than "Chilly McFreeze Austin? Gufaw!", we're talking about the guy that likes oscy and jocky and also thinks +1'ing people in order to troll a secret society of internet message board posters is a good thing so, yeah, i'll wait for a second opinion.

Use your imagination. It's Jake Roberts, but he's got a cake instead of a snake. And its called Gaymien.

You're doing it wrong. Jake Roberts was established before the Attitude era finished so neither he or any animal related to him can be considered gay.

• Like 7

Also, if it was on PC, a demo would be easier to create/could actually be available. If you can figure out a way to create a free version of the game with limited features or something, Id say do that so that people could try it out and be tempted to buy the full version.

And sure, Adam Ryland has made his name and can charge $40 for his wrestling management game
Just to clear up an apparent misconception that has been referenced a few times in this thread, TEW2010 is $34.95, not $40. The first generation products like the new CBH are $24.95.
Since you're here clearing up misconceptions, there's a rumor floating around that you like to go commando. Would you care to comment?
  • Like 3

I'm still pondering the fact that in order to BREAK EVEN you need to sell.....

Each copy is $9.99. iOS takes their 30% pound of flesh which equals $2.99 so you make $7.00 per game sold.

.....35,714 copies to BREAK EVEN.

How many apps on iOS sell that many copies? I'd guess at below 2%.

• Like 1

Actually, how did you get the $250,000 to make this in the first place?

Because I'm calling absolute horse shit on that figure.

• Like 2

I want to know if their will ever be an EWR where I can match a 34 man exploding fire cage elimination ladder death match called the 'Straight to Hell' match?

• Like 3