Sign in to follow this  
Serious Parody

Some thread about the law surrounding parody

John Creamer, he works at the Underbaker's bakery and injects the cakes with cream.

• Like 1

Justin Comprehensible, cocky young upstart with a terrible speech impediment.

• Like 25

Chris Rollz

100% Orig... no, wait!

Randy Orton!

Wait, no, I'm doing this wrong.

• Like 9

Justin Comprehensible, cocky young upstart with a terrible speech impediment.

Somebody put this guy in a diary. Quick.

I had a CAW tag team in No Mercy called Spandex Man and the Lycra Kid.

http://appmuse.com/a...p-a-mobile-app/

Alex Ahlund, former CEO of AppVee and AndroidApps, and later an advisor to Appolicious, wrote a guest blog article about app sales on TechCrunch. According to that article, a survey of 96 mobile app developers showed the average cost to develop an app was $6,453. An article on OS X Daily about iPhone Development Costs reported that the development cost range for "small apps" is $3,000 to $8,000 and that "more complex or recognized brand apps" can cost $50,000 to $150,000. A well-written article on PadGadget.com explored The Cost of Building an iPad App and suggested the development costs (as compared to design and other costs) range from $12,000 to $150,000 or more.

My conclusion: if anyone actually did spend $250,000 developing any kind of app then their business model is atrocious.

It depends what the app is for mate. I could knock up a sound board in 10 minutes. This isn't your average app, it's a hardcore game with a huge database filled with huge amounts of hand drawn content. There's features upon features in the game and they all take time. Then when you factor in marketing costs as well as actually setting up the office. How much does 6 macs cost do you think?

So you don't need to break even with the macs etc on Wrestling Manager. You can space the break-even on your infrastructure across multiple games. Did you take this into account with your figures?

• Like 1

Kurt Angel Cake!

Steven Regal

LORD STEVEN BEAGLE, KING OF ALL THE PUGS.

• Like 1

Out of interest, what made the game so expensive?

I mean, $250,000 is stupid money.

Is Major Rider who I think it is?!

Should have been E-Z Rider, then we'd be Seriously Parodying two things. Much more efficient.

The one guy in here that's bought the game has done nothing but post good things about it so far. So don't take my word for it, ask him if it's any good.

Aside from the fact that these good things said amount to nothing more than "Chilly McFreeze Austin? Gufaw!", we're talking about the guy that likes oscy and jocky and also thinks +1'ing people in order to troll a secret society of internet message board posters is a good thing so, yeah, i'll wait for a second opinion.

Use your imagination. It's Jake Roberts, but he's got a cake instead of a snake. And its called Gaymien.

You're doing it wrong. Jake Roberts was established before the Attitude era finished so neither he or any animal related to him can be considered gay.

No homo?

• Like 1

As others have said, he doesn't have a point. I don't give a shit if it's $2, $10 or $200, it's my money, I'm not wasting it and screw you for telling me I should.

JBH stop fucking verbally fellating the guy, just because he was the starting point of your stupid anti-bullying campaign. Recognize that the criticism that's been offered to him has been well thought out and respectful, when people very easily could have been dicks, especially after his response to it. He's getting feedback directly from potential consumers and he's basically told us to shove it and stop complaining.

But why am I wasting my time saying this to you? He could be charging $50 for the game and it could be awful and you'd still be in here crowing about how wonderful it is, simply because of how we first responded to his game idea.

In short, the only person who's purchased the game is the only person on here who would praise it as much as Serious Parody. Let me know when someone who has an unbiased opinion actually buys the game.

• Like 4

I'm wondering if JukeboxHero even bought the game. I'm looking at the download screen now and it still has no ratings or reviews. If it was as hilarious and awesome as he claims, you'd think he'd have at least taken the two seconds to give it a 5* rating.

I'm wondering if JukeboxHero even bought the game. I'm looking at the download screen now and it still has no ratings or reviews. If it was as hilarious and awesome as he claims, you'd think he'd have at least taken the two seconds to give it a 5* rating.

In order to Seriously Parody Meltzer, you rate the game from 1 to 5 moons.

• Like 2

Just think JBH, for only £3 more you could of become one of us.

One of the 'it guys'.

(Y)

• Like 3

He's confused because generally he can only +1 things, too many option here.

• Like 2

You mean Dave Seltzer.

Al K. Seltzer.

Do you smell what the Crock Pot is cookin'?

Guest JukeboxHero

I never said the game was awesome. I said the names were hilarious. That's it. That's as far as I've gotten, I'm pretty swamped this weekend. But saying I found an aspect of the game hilarious is clearly fellating the guy like Maxx said. CLEARLY.

Seriously, I downloaded the game and said I liked what I saw. But whatever. Continue to blow it out of proportion.

I'll review it in the App Store once I fully explore the game. To rate it before I've actually dived into it would be dishonest.

And to disprove another thing somebody said on here, I didn't rep jocky's posts. I believe the mods and admins can look into that, right?

In any event, I also noticed there were some in game purchasing options if you wished to speed up your progress in the game. Kind of like the eagle thing in Angry Birds.