Charlie Brooker - Black Mirror

therockbox

Great Episode, i think the best one since the first one. Plus the lead lady was nice to look at.

Kinda think this could have gotten a happy ending with the service easing somebody into the new life and than drawing a line at some point which woul have worked great at the point were she got upset by him/it not being real. It made sens how they filmed it, as being a unmonitored software and the body being something experimental, but it could have had a happy ending if you ask me. Kinda speaks against the "black" mirror help before ourselfs making it happy i guess.

And it´s interesting to know that actualy it´s a real problem that social comunety profiles stay active after somebody dies theses day. I think there is an easy way to get facebook to switch a profile over to a "memorial profile"if you feel like sending them a death certificate, but actualy getting rid of it always being there is said to be a very hard task and aperently causes psychlogical trubble often.

I loved the actor, I thought he was absolutely perfect as the slightly-off version of his other character. The actress was rubbish though, she just seemed wooden in almost everything she did.

Story wasn't really mind blowing. It was a simple study of the difference between what you appear as online and what you are like in reality, but it wasn't really clever or shocking like the last series had been.

The weird thing for me was that the technology didn't seem to exist as part of the universe. Granted, there wasn't much world-building, but it just seemed like it was the normal everyday world except that there's this option to rebuild your lost loved ones as robots. Also,

why didn't she just tell him to stop being scared and be excited to jump off the cliff at the end? Doesn't make a lot of sense to be all YOU'RE NOTHING REALLY LIKE HIM PISS OFF and then get all upset in the next breath

The weird thing for me was that the technology didn't seem to exist as part of the universe. Granted, there wasn't much world-building, but it just seemed like it was the normal everyday world except that there's this option to rebuild your lost loved ones as robots.

I think that's intentional. Brooker writes a lot about how much we take incredible technologies for granted, so in his eyes I imagine the world probably would be very much the same aside from that option.

They were basically saying that it was the perfect punishment for people, and how amusing it would be to be involved in their punishment.

Oh well, thats classic right wing attitude. Just like some people are calling for the death penalty left and right - especialy when it comes to children. It´s simple solutions for simple minds.

• Like 1

Made me really uncomfortable. I'm scared to discuss in case they start saying we should do it in real life. Brooker likes to do that though, remind us that people are morally backwards shits. Especially the ending. I thought they would burn her at the stake or something, but what they actually did was worse. I feel dirty.

Made me really uncomfortable. I'm scared to discuss in case they start saying we should do it in real life. Brooker likes to do that though, remind us that people are morally backwards shits. Especially the ending. I thought they would burn her at the stake or something, but what they actually did was worse. I feel dirty.

I thought the same, especially since they mentioned that she and her boyfriend burned the girl.