Rugby!

Karizma

A few at United were into rugby back in the day, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Butt and Gary Neville have all been seen at Wigan games over the years.

As for Giggs' dad, Wikipedia says he play both league and union.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Wilson_%28rugby%29

I just read in the paper that Wayne Rooney prefers Rugby League to the NFL. Apparently he is a big fan of the Leeds Rhinos. I wont hold that against him :P

Coming from someone that doesn't particularly like either (I don't dislike NFL, I just don't care, rugby league I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to put up with so many fucktards telling me it's a real man's game, not like union or football), is that surprising? He's from a northern working class background in England, I'd expect him to prefer Rugby League to NFL.

Good performance from Wales yesterday, Halfpenny was superb, and I'd sooner see him on the wing sited of Culthbert because he looks so much more dangerous there.

Shame to see North limp off, hopefully he'll be fit for the England game

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to watch Wales/England, gave up after that guy missed the penalty kick because I don't even know what the fuck is happening or why it happens. England kick ball out of play? England throw. England kick it out again? Wales throw. Foul given to England for no reason during a scrum? Penalty to Wales.

I'm giving up before I have a fucking meltdown.

There's so many things in Rugby Union that baffle me. I understand kicking for touch, and to a lesser extent the high hanging kick that's chased down, but when teams just boot the possession back to one another, it really is stupid.

The scrums are shit most of the time as well, because it takes 2 or 3 minutes to get them right. These things aren't really an issue in Rugby League, and that's why even though I'm not particularly fond of either, I prefer it.

There's so many things in Rugby Union that baffle me. I understand kicking for touch, and to a lesser extent the high hanging kick that's chased down, but when teams just boot the possession back to one another, it really is stupid.

The scrums are shit most of the time as well, because it takes 2 or 3 minutes to get them right. These things aren't really an issue in Rugby League, and that's why even though I'm not particularly fond of either, I prefer it.

No, that is just bad kicking. Generally, most kicks are aimed for touch. You miss touch, that is a shit kick.

Tried to watch Wales/England, gave up after that guy missed the penalty kick because I don't even know what the fuck is happening or why it happens. England kick ball out of play? England throw. England kick it out again? Wales throw. Foul given to England for no reason during a scrum? Penalty to Wales.

Firstly, if it is a penalty, and a team decide to kick it to touch, they also get throw in, which makes sense, as they have been fouled. However, if they just kick it out when they have the ball, then naturally it is a throw to the other team.

Secondly, I doubt that a foul given to England in the scrum would end up as a penalty to Wales.

I'm not even a huge rugby fan, but the basics aren't that hard.

No, that is just bad kicking. Generally, most kicks are aimed for touch. You miss touch, that is a shit kick.

Seriously though, some are just lumped straight down the middle. It makes no sense.

Firstly, if it is a penalty, and a team decide to kick it to touch, they also get throw in, which makes sense, as they have been fouled. However, if they just kick it out when they have the ball, then naturally it is a throw to the other team.

Secondly, I doubt that a foul given to England in the scrum would end up as a penalty to Wales.

I'm not even a huge rugby fan, but the basics aren't that hard.

I AM NO STUPED LEEAM! :angry:

Nah but seriously, the referee blew his whistle, flagged which way the foul was given, replay is shown and then as we cut back live it's a kick to Wales which they missed.

I've seen enough Rugby to know the basics, but a lot of it still baffles me. And the bit you bolded, by the way, wasn't a sequential move, it was three separate things that made no sense to me. Also, kicking it out for touch is stupid anyway. And don't even get me started on no forward passing.

Season kickoff is only 3 sleeps away. Do any of you have a supercoach team, we might be able to set up a little comp for some fun. Let me know if anyone wants in and I'll set up a league for us.

EDIT: Fuck you iPhone.

Edited by Australian of the Moment